Author Topic: Meanwhile, in Germany...  (Read 3166 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, in Germany...
« on: December 28, 2015, 05:11:09 PM »
Man dies in Germany after blowing up condom machine

An apparent robbery attempt? Would there have been that much money in there?

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Meanwhile, in Germany...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 07:37:23 PM »
Maybe all three had hot dates?  ;)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 01:53:19 AM »

Gremans.......always 10 pounds of gun powder, when an ounch will do  :)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 06:27:47 AM »
What else is new? In my younger days, I blew up condoms all the time - leaving a potentially fertile trail of devastation behind me.  8)
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 09:26:18 PM »
It appears to be a stand by the side of a road. That's something you won't see here. Maybe Germans are more spontaneous than Americans.  :)

OTOH since the town is near the Dutch border, maybe it's the Dutch who are spontaneous.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 03:12:12 AM »
In a culture of moral decay like ours, you can buy condoms (openly displayed)

- in supermarkets, often right in front of the cashier where the "eat immediate" candy bars are,

- from machines in men's and women's restrooms in restaurants, gas stations, multiplexes, etc,

- in pharmacies and drug stores,

- in over-night gas stations,

- sex shops and "condomerias",

- per mail order or

- from machines at the side of the road, sometime in combination with cigarette packs.

Whether that explains Germany's low birth rates I dunno!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 08:14:42 AM »
Yet there is an argument for even more condom machines in Germany: They potentially save lives.

True story: Quite recently in the northern part of Germany, two members of the Ahmadiyya*** [Muslim(ish)] Community - man and wife, parents - were sentenced to life for murder of their young adult daughter. It was a Romeo and Juliet scenario, she loved an Ahmadiyya young man her age, but he came from a better-to-do family and the Ahmadiyyas generally have arranged marriages of the sect members to keep their community nice and tight. The parents from both sides intervene and forbid.

Yet Romeo and Juliet still meet, you can't keep them apart. The head of the sect (who is resident in London), perhaps wisely, declares: "If we can't keep them apart, they must marry!" But the wealthier family of Romeo refuses the marriage and thereby humilates the poorer family of Juliet. Still, Romeo and Juliet continue to meet.

Juliet wants to buy condoms, but ashamed of the process of paying for them at the cashier (and, of course, as an Ahmadiyya girl she is not allowed to frequent discos where you might find a condom machine in the girls' restroom) she steals a pack of condoms instead. And gets inevitably caught, the not exactly street-wise Ahmadiyyas make bad shoplifters.The shop files a criminal complaint with the police, a police letter goes to her home, the parents open it and the father is enraged about (i) the theft, (ii) the condoms and (iii) that she still sees Romeo. Arguments are exchanged, some domestic violence and that night he suffocates his sleeping daughter in bed while his wife is watching from the door frame. "To cleanse themselves from the humilation they feared in the Ahmadiyya Community, the only social network they had and were brought up in!" their criminal defense counsel later on pleaded. It didn't help, the (thoughtful) court slapped the maximum penalty on the parents (whose lives, I have no doubt, were ruined one way or another, even in the Ahmadiyya Community which was quick to point out how they did not condone at all what had tragically happened).

All because there wasn't a condom machine close to where she lived. How little things can sometimes matter greatly. :-\

***No, the Ahmadiyyas are not Islamists, in fact they are severely prosecuted in most Islamic countries (especially in Pakistan, where most of them are from) because they are seen as heretics who believe that there was another prophet (incidentally the founder of their religion) after Muhammad. They are docile and gentle on the outside, advocating a non-violent Islam, yet - as sects tend to be - draconian with lots of peer pressure within their own community. Sort of Islamic Jehova's Witnesses, all smiles outside, but if you want to leave, well, you better not ... 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 08:33:04 AM by uwe »

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 08:25:09 AM »

Hmmmm........ I've never actually had sex outdoors - Time for a New Year's resolution.  :-*
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 08:30:11 AM »
Wot?!!! Even a man as boring as I has! In hindsight: Love of nature is one thing, itchy twigs, abrasive sand and insects are another. File together with virginity under "overrated".

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 08:47:12 AM »
Wot?!!! Even a man as boring as I has! In hindsight: Love of nature is one thing, itchy twigs, abrasive sand and insects are another. File together with virginity under "overrated".

Blankets are very handy things. They can prevent chafing.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 09:09:27 AM »
Not always at hand one a blanket has.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »

Detritus in certain cavities is hurty!

I get cold easily as well, so it'll have to be a summertime adventure. 
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 11:17:17 AM »
Not always at hand one a blanket has.

This is one reason to always have your towel.

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 02:25:39 PM »
When I was growing up, condom machines were only found in restrooms at gas stations and seedy bars and taverns -- not that I was old enough to enter the latter.

A story I heard second hand involved a guy who supposedly paid his way through college back then by installing condom machines in the restrooms of college bars in a certain Texas town. More money was deposited in the men's room machines but the ladies' room machines were more profitable b/c he actually had to put condoms in the men's room machines. If the men's room machines were out, the men would complain to the management. The women never did.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2015, 02:37:05 AM »
This is one reason to always have your towel.

... and don't forget at least 6 pints and a packet of peanuts... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...