Author Topic: Epi Wood  (Read 3647 times)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
Re: Epi Wood
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 06:22:04 PM »
Do not piss off your technician!!  Just saying.... :rolleyes:

Also, advisable on: wait staff, nurses, proctologists, traffic cops, wives...... 

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 10:00:23 PM »
Denis it sounds like Quarks support hasn't changed at all then *sigh* glad I no longer have to deal with them to be honest.

As far as the adadge dont piss off your technician goes, I couldn't agree more. having been one. A quick read of the BOFH archives should give ppl a pretty clear picture very quickly.

Regarding the Korina/black/white Limba story. The wood on those bodies, whatever it is and however many pieces it is actually has a very good sound to it. Unless you have one with a trans colour who cares what it is if it sounds good?
Digresion our specialty!

EvilLordJuju

• Mud is its own reward
    • View Profile
    • Fly Guitars
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 12:37:09 PM »
Most Gibson catalogues (as far as I can remember, don't make me look) have something like 'we reserve the right to change specifications at any time without notice' or something similar on the back...

So presumably (perhaps a lawyer can tell us) they can make them out of whatever they like irrespective of what the catalogue says

I didn't see any answers by Henry J on that forum...

Chaser001

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 12:34:08 PM »
This guy's enraged question:

"Why do you State the Body Material as "Korina" on the Epiphone when it's clearly not. Will you at least tell us what it is really made of.
Is it Alder? Also I really would like to know why you state it's Korina wood and base it on the real think. Why not just state it's Alder or whatever it's made of with a Korina Finish. Isn't their Liablity Concerns? I'd like to know really what I bought because it's not what you say it is and not what I thought I was buying and not what was stated that I was buying. I feel like I was conned and lyed too although I know the old saying is true but I was thinking it's made in Korea and China maybe they got a ****-load of the stuff cheep and are passing it on."

I wonder what they are teaching in schools these days in place of English.

I'm calling dibs on "Liability Concerns" for a band name, but will let Uwe have it if he wants.

I agree that he might need to spend some time actually trying to learn his native language.  That was really quite an example of bad English.