Author Topic: Strange beast  (Read 1127 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Strange beast
« on: October 24, 2008, 11:22:02 PM »
This is kinda weird.
Built in transmitter, um..OK
Guitar pups? er.......!
Not sure about the strap button on the top horn. Does the strap go behind or in front of the horn?
AU $1,200    .....I dont think so.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270291889109&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Digresion our specialty!

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
Re: Strange beast
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 08:38:44 AM »
Nady made a very short lived run of basses (I think they were called Lightning) years ago with built in transmiters. You can find them sometimes for about $200. Never really took the market by storm.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 09:11:41 AM »
Wireless technology changes. Why tie yourself to one system by having the transmitter built into the bass? Why would anyone pay that much for a no-name Burns copy?

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 01:59:33 PM »
Thankyou Dave, The back of my brain had a few thoughts bouncing around saying "It looks like something...It looks like something..." As per usual I just ignored the distant voices  ;)

It does look Like a Burns   um, Bison?
Digresion our specialty!

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 05:30:07 PM »
Reminds me of the Bison, and also the Ibanez Black Eagle

Blazer

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 05:51:56 PM »
People have accused Prince of lipsinching during the Purple Rain tour because of many pictures showing no lead coming from his Hohner Telecaster and an empty output jack. The truth was that Prince had his main Hohner fitted with an internal wireless which abled him to ride onstage on his motorbike with his guitar and step off while playing. You can see the patch of black tape at the back of his guitar covering the wireless during the "Let's go crazy" performance in the movie.

Prince with one of his Hohners during the Purple rain tour, note no lead coming from the jack and the patch of tape covering up the built in wireless.