Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

73 J DIY matching headstock...

(1/1)

ilan:
https://reverb.com/item/66097193

What a lovely nicotine burst

morrow:
A 62 Jazz sold the other day for $1200 Cdn on our local kijiji , a blackface Bassman was also up by the same seller for the same price. The bass had been refined with a natural finish , didn’t even take the neck off when they put on the varnish. The buyer was able to carefully remove the neck and is looking at a major restoration. He’s got experience refinishing instruments and fixes amps. He said the seller told him the amp worked the last time he turned it on , it’s dead now , but should be a straightforward fix. Any blackface amp in original condition is going to need spa time.
Hell of a deal. I saw it when it first popped up , but I’m not into flipping things , or Fender 34 in stuff , even vintage.

doombass:
Looks like it survived a fire.

Pilgrim:

--- Quote from: doombass on March 03, 2023, 05:38:51 AM ---Looks like it survived a fire.

--- End quote ---

Yup, looks like it's long past due for a refin.  That paint looks like it needs a hazardous materials warning sticker.

Dave W:
Looks like it was stored in a dunghill. I think they called that a 2-color fecesburst.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version