Author Topic: It's in good shape overall  (Read 2820 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: It's in good shape overall
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 06:38:34 PM »
I'm the same age as this.  It gives me pause to realize it's in a museum.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 05:34:48 AM »
Man, I love Studebakers! Had a truck for 8 years.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 05:35:35 AM »
earl charged 29.99 when i was a kid. concourse quality to be sure.

That's the number I remember too................We're freakin' old :o
Rick

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 08:25:37 AM »
 Triumph ugh! My first car was a '68 Spitfire my brother and I paid 100 bucks for. Rust with white trim. What a POS. It was more like a go cart than a car, it is a wonder we survived it. There were numerous near misses. In the winter we put a orange bike flag on it so you could see it coming behind the snow drifts piled up along the roads. I would never buy another Triumph EVER!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 09:54:26 AM »
When I got out of the army in 1972 I bought a brand new Triumph GT6 which I rolled 30 days after I got it. It was in the body shop for 6 months because the British Leyland people were on strike and parts weren't available. During that wait I bought an MGA. When we started having children the GT6 was traded in on a Capri and I found a '64 Spitfire in a farm yard that I bought for $100. I had to put a motor in it, it was missing the top, but it was sure fun to drive.

It did get buried in a snowstorm and someone drove a snowmobile right over it without damaging it. The next winter it was in the garage with the MGA and an MGB. Yes, three card in a two car garage.

Those cars are all long gone. Ive owned a 1986 Toyota MR2 since 1988. (I'm on my third one) Last fall I was actually thinking of selling the MR2 and buying a TR6 but every time I drive the MR2 it puts a smile on my face and I can't bring myself to sell it.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 10:45:19 AM »
I'm the same age as this.  It gives me pause to realize it's in a museum.

My g-g-g-grandmother was a Studebaker.  Her two brothers were wagon makers.  Their two sons went on to build cars.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 03:00:03 PM »
i had a 1966 TR 4. pretty car but it's soul was consumed by the prince of darkness...lucas electric.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 06:05:03 AM »
Back in the early 70s the girl I was living with had a 69 Jag E Type and I was the lucky guy who did most of the work on it :sad:. Any nightmarish story you hear about Lucas electric,no matter how much it sounds like a bunch of exaggerated BS, is likely true. When I talk about the weird and constant crap that happened to that car, Lucas electric and other, I see the looks that people give me and I know they're thinking I am the BS king of the world >:(. The only takers that I get are others who have been in the same boat.
Rick