Author Topic: Site logo and/or a tee...?  (Read 2589 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Site logo and/or a tee...?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 07:48:24 AM »
Here's the art for my surf band....it's my desktop graphic:

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 08:24:44 AM »
I guess I didn't make myself clear enough. We're not looking for a logo.

We went with SMF because I don't have to know coding to administrate it, and I don't want to learn how to or to farm it out to someone who does. It's an open source project, eventually there may be built-in capability or an official package mod that does it. For now I'm just happy that we have a place to post that's not going to be suddenly pulled down on someone's whim.

We're intent on staying non-commercial. No tees, please. Thanks.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 09:19:40 AM »
Works for me!  (I just got a free chance to show off our neato-keen artwork.)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 10:14:31 AM »
It's clear we don't need a logo, but it's cool just make up some strange ones as a joke?

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 12:02:56 PM »
Dave... I can, and we should, respect your view... but I see no problem with "us" developing an idea that could be stored for future use... If someone came up with a good design, I guess there would be no problem with passing out the image for individual, non commercial, useage...? if you are definitely "anti" this view, please "lock" this thread, and as I said, we should respect this point of view...

Right, that said, on with the misbehaviour...  :popcorn:

Al... We need the roll of "toilet paper", perhaps the type with musical notation on it, rolling away from under the door...?  ;D

Nice one... both of your designs...  8)

Exiled... just need to slot in the bass related link...  ;D

In the meantime, Roshina was researching tee's (Xmas... for me? found one that said "Yes, I Can Play Louder..." which was particularly appropriate...!) and came up with this site, which had hundreds of "bass-related" designs... excuse the fish...

http://shop.cafepress.co.uk/bass

some quite fun stuff...

Al... just a thought... the "out-house" caption is lined up correctly for a "rightie" player's tee... the "freebie" design could have the script swopped over for the "left" breast for our "leftie" crew...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 12:40:33 PM »
I guess I didn't make myself clear enough. We're not looking for a logo.

Don't sweat it Dave, I didn't send you a bill - yet ;D
Seriously - I am a graphic designer by trade, so conceptualizing and executing stuff like this is sort of a natural process that happens whether I want it to or not. It keeps the chops and wit sharpened for "real" projects, and is committed to the portfolio as a style sample. I just figured I'd share it with the rank and file for review/critique.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 12:58:32 PM »
Can I pm for a better res, AL...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 01:19:44 PM »
Dave... I can, and we should, respect your view... but I see no problem with "us" developing an idea that could be stored for future use... If someone came up with a good design, I guess there would be no problem with passing out the image for individual, non commercial, useage...? if you are definitely "anti" this view, please "lock" this thread, and as I said, we should respect this point of view...

Ken, yes, I'm "anti" this point of view, I had hoped you all had figured that out from my previous comments. I should have been clearer.

I do appreciate all the contributions to this thread. Thanks.