Author Topic: He'll never be an old man river  (Read 1411 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
He'll never be an old man river
« on: March 14, 2009, 06:36:48 AM »
We have a band here in Australia called TISM (This Is Serious Mum). I love their dark satirical humour.

Apparently Flea who is from Brisbane I believe, sued them because he was insulted by their musical account of the death of River Phoenix.

TISM of course are completely insane so what he hoped to gain I'm not quite sure because it certainly did not stop the song being sold. Most Aussies know it.

Explanation:

Song:

Reference:
I've seen these guys at least 10 times over the years they started in the music industry at the same time I did. This is a very good indication of what to expect at a TISM gig.

Ron Hitler Barrassi and Humphrey B Flauber are the 2 main singer/song writers
Its not unusual for Ron to crowd surf usually ending up maskless at best, naked quite often. The crowd just strip him. It almost a tradition.
I love it when the roadie finally gets him back onto the stage and he just sits there and the roadie just waves his hand in disgust at him and walks offstage LOL pure gold.

What its all about:

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 06:44:19 AM by Freuds_Cat »
Digresion our specialty!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: He'll never be an old man river
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 06:54:58 AM »
Flea was insulted by what? Over here you would have to prove that you suffered damages to win a lawsuit. Even if the song had mentioned him by name, he would be laughed out of court. It's satire.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 07:07:24 AM »
You are right Dave, I checked a bit more and Flea threatened to 1.Kill TISM and 2. Sue TISM. Both are threats they are used to. He obviously did neither.
Digresion our specialty!

nofi

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 08:47:42 AM »
i have felt insulted by flea since the first rhcp record. apparently i have no legal recourse. :sad:

whadda' tool. :P

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 09:42:41 AM »
This band could be the main reason God's wrath is upon you fuggers down under.  :rolleyes:

bobyoung

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 09:25:31 PM »
I didn't know Devo turned into a Techno- Rap band.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:31:25 PM by bobyoung »