Author Topic: Many Thanks........  (Read 1067 times)

rich briere

• "Do Unto Others"
    • View Profile
    • Rich Briere
Many Thanks........
« on: December 11, 2011, 12:27:57 PM »
It's always a pleasure to find avenues of Bassdom Being Shared and I look forward to Contributing What I Can. :)
I've Always Found it Best to Use MY Name on Things I Write...It Cuts Down on the Confusion...... Bass-ically Yours.......RB

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
Re: Many Thanks........
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »
Welcome to the Outpost!! There are a lot of great guys here that make it a wonderful place to hang out.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 12:43:37 PM »
Welcome aboard!
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 03:10:53 PM »
Rich!  Good to see you found your way here!  And thanks for your kind emails in the past.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »
..and what a fine fellow indeed.  :rolleyes:

For those who may not be aware, our newest member's inaugural post is here. Differing points of view aside, one generally does not introduce oneself to a new forum by
accusing one of its moderators of lying in a matter where his own honesty is questionable. At the very least, it's pretty far from being a constructive contribution. I join the others in welcoming Rich, but his past associations and employers don't hold sway here and he will not be given the latitude he has enjoyed in other forums because of his professional associations. If he is to be welcomed on the forum as a whole, then his conduct on other less-travelled parts of it, and to a lesser extent, his history with various members here needs be factored in.

rich briere

• "Do Unto Others"
    • View Profile
    • Rich Briere
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 09:29:48 AM »
Very Gracious, Gents.......Pilgrim: I've tried to keep up with most of the mail that I get but that's not always possible. The "RB Classic Series" means a lot to me and many of those pieces went to Europe. If any members HERE own one or more, I'd love to hear from you....And, Contrary to what I've read, there WERE several different basses in the series. One of the most interesting was a series of twenty "John Lodge" (Moody Blues) p-basses. What I find amazing is that they sold out BEFORE even being built.......to Women....NONE of whom Played. :) It must be tough to be John.

Bass-ically Yours,
Rich
I've Always Found it Best to Use MY Name on Things I Write...It Cuts Down on the Confusion...... Bass-ically Yours.......RB

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 04:36:51 PM »
I recently bought the Blue Jays CD with the partnership of John Lodge and Justin Hayward.  Lodge must be one of the most under-appreciated, fantastic bass players in the history of popular music. 
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Muzikman7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 06:30:57 PM »
Hello Rich, Welcome.
Tony

rich briere

• "Do Unto Others"
    • View Profile
    • Rich Briere
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 04:12:16 PM »
I recently bought the Blue Jays CD with the partnership of John Lodge and Justin Hayward.  Lodge must be one of the most under-appreciated, fantastic bass players in the history of popular music. 

He's a VERY good player....a VERY Creative bass line THINKER and quite fast when he needs to be//..and, of course, used a Sunn rig for years....one which was held together with Duct Tape and Chicken Wire......:)  I'll send you a pic of him with the bass......

Muzikman......I thank you for the kind welcome...:)