Author Topic: This should end well  (Read 1298 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: This should end well
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2021, 12:23:53 PM »
A streaker at the Super Bowl would get a load of exposure, but is that necessarily a good thang...? :mrgreen:

I'll bet there are many dot-coms that would pay a lotta money for a streaker wearing only a banner with their website address.....
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2021, 01:34:54 PM »
A streaker at the Super Bowl would get a load of exposure, but is that necessarily a good thang...? :mrgreen:

You meant to say "thong", right?

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2021, 06:46:53 AM »
He wasn't relevant when he was all over guitar magazines twenty years ago. He's had a long tail to his career, but all the important stuff he's ever played was on those original G 'n' R records. There seems to be no collaboration too hideous for him to refuse. He's a bit like Carlos Santana in that regard.

Gibson should have signed Greta Van Fleet or similar if they have any interest in selling guitars to people under fifty.

Don't forget all those Michael Jackson records and wasn't there some Puff Daddy collabs?

And Gretta Van Fleet isn't selling guitars to people under 50 (unless you meant 37-49 year olds).  The band is young but not so much their audience.  I aknowledge some 'kids' love em too, but trust me, it's mostly moms and some blues dads who don't know it's over for them (like people who were in to Zep and Sabbath back inna day; High School when people still sewed Zep patches onto their jean jackets even though it was the 80s/90s - they weren't there for the original Zep, missed the No Quarter Tour because it was too expensive, and are just so thrilled rock ain't dead).  Their Toronto tour dates (2 nights) were next door to my studio; I saw the crowd coming in/out.  They don't even play them on the new rock radio stations anymore - they've been relegated to the classic rock station, because that's their demographic).  To be fair, people over 50 is Gibson's target market though, so I agree that woulda been a better choice.  Kids can't afford Gibsons; that's what Epiphone is for.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)