Author Topic: Anyone have a Gibby studio tbird?What ya think of it?  (Read 1260 times)

weekend warrior

• View Profile
Anyone have a Gibby studio tbird?What ya think of it?
« on: August 22, 2012, 12:17:09 AM »
Im getting a studio bird and i was wondering if any of you fellow forum cats might already have one.If ya do,what do you think of it??
Life is like a big fan.And sometimes the CACA hits it!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have a Gibby studio tbird?What ya think of it?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 03:08:46 AM »
I have a 4er and a 5er. Fine basses, do everything it says on the can "TBird", mellow upper register sustain of a neck thru excepted (they are set neck). They compensate with more thud and more focus. Better high register access, better ergonomics (TBird look with P Bass feel when strapped?) than a classic TBird, but not as elegant in look. The Studios are a bit utalitarian in look (and were probably meant to be that way). Some people might like those robust visuals better though.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

NOT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 01:48:28 PM »
I had a studio 'Bird with a cherry finish. It's tone reminded me of a Fender Precision. Very deep sound. The finish was very sleek and it played beautifully. I loved it, but later traded it for a white Gibson Thunderbird standard.
Is Father Home?

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 04:06:35 PM »
I had a studio 'Bird with a cherry finish. It's tone reminded me of a Fender Precision. Very deep sound. The finish was very sleek and it played beautifully. I loved it, but later traded it for a white Gibson Thunderbird standard.

Welcome here Todd!  ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 04:16:29 PM »
Im getting a studio bird and i was wondering if any of you fellow forum cats might already have one.If ya do,what do you think of it??

Shouldn't you be getting a Victory with an avatar like that instead?!

On the other hand (I stumbled across this while looking for clip with Dave Kiswiney and his Victory bass),  you won't be doing too bad with a cherry Studio though this isn't quite the real thing ...:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:10:13 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Figas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 08:17:59 AM »

I SO MUCH would like to do the same thing! Black Studio 5'er here, but my dreamone is still the classic white IV.. *sigh*