Author Topic: New from Chevrolet  (Read 684 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: New from Chevrolet
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2023, 02:30:14 PM »
I've only ridden in a Corvette once.  When I was a teenager, a keyboardist friend had one.  He loved it.  But that was the most uncomfortable car I've ever ridden in.  I once rode in a T-Model that someone had in his old cars collection that rode smoother than a Corvette. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2023, 02:48:35 PM »
Based on the question, I suggest that the one asking thought "BMW" means some kind of Bowel Movement....
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2023, 04:11:27 PM »
I've only ridden in a Corvette once.  When I was a teenager, a keyboardist friend had one.  He loved it.  But that was the most uncomfortable car I've ever ridden in.  I once rode in a T-Model that someone had in his old cars collection that rode smoother than a Corvette.

I can relate. I sat in one too once and it was the opposite of comfy. Not just sporty-not-comfy, just awkward.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2023, 04:15:23 PM »
Based on the question, I suggest that the one asking thought "BMW" means some kind of Bowel Movement....

Her name was Patricia, it was the early 80ies and she came from Detroit. She was convinced that BMW, he favorite brand, stood for British Motor Works. She didn't mean it badly. I could never decide whether the injury or the insult content of that statement was greater.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2023, 04:39:16 PM »

BMW

Break
My
Wallet

;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2023, 04:42:25 PM »
'78 Trans Am? 70s Corvette? They're also-rans compared to GM's most beautiful: the Chevy Chevette.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2023, 04:44:41 PM »
In the '80s I worked with a guy and we were talking about cars.  I asked what he drove.  He said, "I have a Vette."  After a long pause, he said, "Chevette." 

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2023, 02:39:28 PM »
Everyone I knew in Detroit referred to Trans Ams as "Trash Cans"; initially I thought that was their real name and wondered "what a strange name for a car, it must be hurting sales badly". :mrgreen: