Author Topic: Cheesy EB-1 Case  (Read 603 times)

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
Cheesy EB-1 Case
« on: April 04, 2015, 06:38:30 AM »
I know that I've brought this up in the past, but I ran into another one. My first EB-1 Reissue had this same case, I thought for sure it was some after market case. Gibson would never have allowed blocks of exposed foam to be glue on one of their cases like this! I've seen at least four of these now, this one across the pond. The outside was sort of a vinyl grey alligator looking cover & very flimsy. I ended up buying an Epiphone case & modifying the center block because the Epiphone EB-1 was the same shape as a Hofner bass. At least after 46 years, the foam hasn't started to decompose................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-EB1-violin-bass-Electric-Bass-EB-1-1969-/161655753569?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Here is a shot of my second EB-1, with what I would consider a more Gibson like case..........

There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Cheesy EB-1 Case
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 07:52:07 AM »
Hard to believe the top one is a factory case. Is it possible there was a different version for the UK market?

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
Re: Cheesy EB-1 Case
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 08:29:10 AM »
The others were all here in the good old US of A. They must have subcontracted the cases out to several manufacturers,
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!