Author Topic: Baz Cooper's FINAL Non Reverse Thunderbird II 8 string Bass  (Read 4111 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Baz Cooper's FINAL Non Reverse Thunderbird II 8 string Bass
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 05:03:46 PM »

It's like a nicotine fit..................With bass guitars.

OTOH The results of your addiction are spectacular Baz  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 05:50:44 PM »
Thanks fella's....I think I need to stop. Regroup. Decompress and Rethink what I am going to do to earn a Living....selling everything I own only makes me sad that I did...doesn't really solve the finances in the long run...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 06:34:12 PM »

And you've had some real beauties!

Knowing you're a modelmaker and that you've got that set of skills/desire I think you'd be a great luthier........But I have no idea if it pays enough.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 04:22:11 AM »
Thanks.....I thought about it.....not much money in it...Although...there are no more good luthiers left in Chicago.......

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 07:50:27 AM »
selling everything I own only makes me sad that I did...doesn't really solve the finances in the long run...

I've always felt that way and have avoided selling stuff for that reason. It's a very short term solution, and then you're soon in the same position, only without some of the cool stuff you used to own.  :-\ Hang in there Baz, you're a smart, talented guy.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 10:20:46 AM »
I've been hanging since May 2010...Not sure how much longer....

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 03:13:13 PM »
Now is probably not the time to become a luthier if you expect to make a full time living from it.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 06:16:10 PM »
So True...It would have been cool if I had started this at a younger age...or if I had a stockpile of cash and a wife who had a great paying job....The struggle goes on!!! And I am still counting my Blessings!!!

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 03:38:15 AM »
So True...It would have been cool if I had started this at a younger age...or if I had a stockpile of cash and a wife who had a great paying job....The struggle goes on!!! And I am still counting my Blessings!!!

I'm 66 next month, have less than $8k invested in equipment ( by no means all at once) and am busy as I want to be.  Currently doing third builds for repeat customers and have hit my build target for the year.  Less than 2 years ago I hadn't sold a bass and had zero cred.

By doing a half decent job on something you like to do and giving value to customers you can make a living at it.  If you're too old now, how old will you be in 5 years?

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »
I don't have the money, dude....and i am sinking in massive debt.... Not really able to invest in equipment...nor can I spray in a residential area....Besides...who the hell wants to buy any 8 string basses....