Author Topic: Boy, is THIS off-topic! Tablets...  (Read 1433 times)

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
Re: Boy, is THIS off-topic! Tablets...
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 02:43:28 PM »
I'm bummed that tablets have virtually put a halt to netbook development.  My first gen 160 GB Acer lives in the shop, runs all my music and video into a big monitor and speakers plus handles any photoshop or CAD task I ask it to and is ready to hit the road at any time.  Keyboard is perfectly adequate for my typing technique.  It's about two years old, I looked to upgrade to another, figured they would have faster processors, more RAM.  Nope...and more expensive.  A tablet seems to be a very large phone to me, no i/o devices allowed.  Overpriced and underpowered for my needs.

My desktop lives in the house and runs my big screen and website stuff.  My phone is a 6 year old Nokia 8088.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Boy, is THIS off-topic! Tablets...
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 04:40:02 PM »
I like netbooks a lot.  My daughter's new HP has a nice keyboard and a streamlined design.  With a 2 GB RAM chip, it handles most things that a laptop would do, but is more portable.  But now that you mention it, they haven't changed much in terms of processors in the last 18 months, have they?

The screen "keyboard" is a definite drawback of the tablets, but it does get easier with practice.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."