Author Topic: Gibson's Latest & Greatest Turd !!  (Read 4732 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Gibson's Latest & Greatest Turd !!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 05:43:28 AM »
I really liked that biopic with Michael Douglas and Matt Damon (as his "driver"/significant other). Those were brave roles and they played them well. And Liberace knew how to play, the way he would sometimes double or triple the speed of something he was playing for a laugh - good hand coordination.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 11:52:15 AM »
..... And Liberace knew how to play, the way he would sometimes double or triple the speed of something he was playing for a laugh - good hand coordination.

Did you ever hear the story about cartoonist Al Capp and Liberace? Back in the late 50s Capp's Lii'l Abner had an adventure featuring a caricature of Liberace, a character named Loverboynik. Liberace's attorney's threatened to sue for libel. Capp told them that if they did, he would testify in court that the difference between Loverboynik and their client was that Loverboynik was actually a good pianist.  The matter was quietly dropped.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 07:26:36 PM »
Ole Liberace would be a good enough pianist for any of my bands. I don't mind flowery piano. And I liked how he could talk over the music while playing without ever singing a note. Ok, he's not Glenn Gould or Mike Garson (who played the otherworldly piano on Bowie's Aladdin Sane and some consecutive albums).
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...