Author Topic: Out of the frying pan...  (Read 2809 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Out of the frying pan...
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2014, 04:07:59 AM »
... Going to really suck when I have crawl back into my miserable little Ford Transit Connect >:(

They have Transit connects over here, not that I'd want one... ;D

I suffer with a VW Passat - I'd never buy one if you're over 6' - rear-view mirror is perfectly positioned to block your forward outlook unless you keep the seat bottomed out; and keep your neck slightly bent forward, and as for the angle of the door post and the lost outlook there... :o
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 02:30:43 PM by Highlander »
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2014, 10:48:01 AM »
The morons, read MBA bean counters, at my fortune 500 outfit decided that the Transit Connect had just as much cargo space as the Dodge Caravans we've driven with great success for years.  Their "cost analysis" showed that the four banger, go cart engine had superior gas economy and would save us huge money fleet wide.  Wrong, I got about 21 mpg with my six cylinder Caravan and I'm getting about the same in the Transit since you have to punch into overdrive at every hill or when you need to accelerate at freeway speeds.  Let's not get started on the noise level, lack of comfort and lousy crash protection.  I'm envious of Gary's new Journey.  :mrgreen:

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2014, 03:30:19 PM »
No problems with the Caravans' transmissions giving up and AC grenading? They have a reputation for both.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2014, 06:45:07 PM »
We had some transmission problems on the Caravans but typically well after 100K hard miles.  The ACs died on occasion but usually they were well up in age.  The tranny died on my Transit at 24500 miles and about nine months - strangely enough the over drive clutch gave up the ghost.  Our fleet management guys told me that transmission problems were very common with the Transit - which is a Ford Focus with an abomination of an ugly ass van built on it's chassis. 

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2014, 07:17:44 PM »
This is a good site I found that tracks consumer complaints and NHTSA information of vehicles by not only make/model, but also by year.

It looks like the 2012 Ford Transit Connect had a lot of complaints, and centered around the transmission.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Transit_Connect/

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty