Author Topic: American Standard Precision V (5)  (Read 1672 times)

Thornton Davis

• View Profile
American Standard Precision V (5)
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »

I couldn't find any other threads on the American Standard Precision 5 so i've started this one. My apologies if one already exists.

I've been a long time EBMM 5 string owner and never thought that I would own another Fender bass again. But the Precision 5 caught my attention a couple of years ago and peeked my interest in Fender again. Fortunately I was able to sit on that interest while I was continuing to enjoy my EBMM 5er's. That was until a few weeks ago when the opportunity to buy a new American Standard Precision 5 at a great price was presented to me. With my interest now freshly peeked, I went and checked one out. I have to admit that the P5 took me by surprise with its tone, playability overall fit and finish, so I bought it on the spot.

Here's a picture of it.

Anyone else playing one of these?

TD
Please keep your eyes open for my stolen 1973 Burgundyglo Rickenbacker 4001 Serial # MD1582. It was stolen in November of 2006. Reward for its return. Thx!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: American Standard Precision V (5)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »
Not me, but I sure do like the color of that one. 
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:37:08 PM »
been thinking about one.  played one in a GC not too long ago and liked it alot.  Not sure i need another 5 string as i very seldom use the dozen or so i have already.  :sad:
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 12:13:26 PM »
Never played one, but that sure is a beauty!  Perfect color combo, IMO.  Every bass I've owned thus far is a 4-stringer (and one 8str), but I'd love to take the plunge into a 5 or 6 someday.