Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

New Epiphone Thunderbird video

<< < (18/19) > >>

slinkp:
Fascinating video, thanks for posting that Dave.

lowend1:
Kind of odd that the video covers pretty much all of the guitar construction phases - in two different factories - with the exception of the pickups. Unless I missed something, the only place you see them addressed is on that big board - which I assume is a legend or key for the parts bins.

Dave W:

--- Quote from: lowend1 on August 14, 2017, 05:29:14 AM ---Kind of odd that the video covers pretty much all of the guitar construction phases - in two different factories - with the exception of the pickups. Unless I missed something, the only place you see them addressed is on that big board - which I assume is a legend or key for the parts bins.

--- End quote ---

If their pickups are being produced at a new factory dedicated to pickup production (per the press release above) then they aren't being made at this factory.

RedVee:

--- Quote from: Basvarken on August 10, 2017, 12:16:46 AM ---Ah, I thought you guys were talking about the new Epiphone Thunderbird; the Vintage Pro. (after all that is what this topic is about isn't it?)
The Vintage Pro has Epiphone ProBucker™ Bass #760 Humbuckers. Which look (and probably are) exactly the same as the Hong Kong buckers from EYguitarmusic.

The Classic Pro indeed has Gibson TB Plus™ humbuckers

--- End quote ---

I'm hoping one if you early adopters will compare the pickups so I know which way to jump.
Vintage or Classic or 2nd hand Orville/Elitist/Greco.

exiledarchangel:

--- Quote from: Highlander on August 13, 2017, 10:42:32 AM ---I'll vote for Dave as Henry's replacement... ;)

--- End quote ---

Me too, if he promises he will be gentle to the dark side of hardware... :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version