Author Topic: EB3 for T-Bird trade?  (Read 3143 times)

rockinrayduke

EB3 for T-Bird trade?
« on: March 27, 2008, 11:42:30 AM »
I figure this is probably pointless to ask but I thought I'd try anyway. Anyone got a beater EB3 that they'd trade for a recent ('05) T-Bird?

Thought I'd ask.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: EB3 for T-Bird trade?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 11:47:32 AM »

Hmmmmm......You don't really want to do that!   Does Fraulein Rommel have to fly to Texas to make you see the error of your thoughts? ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 11:54:11 AM »
Pictures at eleven.    ;D
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

rockinrayduke

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 12:00:42 PM »
Does Fraulein Rommel have to fly to Texas to make you see the error of your thoughts

Well, maybe..... ;D Bring the whip. ;)

Of the 2 Birds I have, the ObG is my favorite, probably because of the old school vibe.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 12:56:03 PM »

"Well, maybe.....  Bring the whip."

Zere vill be discipline..... und you vill like it!

Cat o' 9 tails?.....Riding Crop?   

On a serious note we can convert your 05' into a Chromey delight with very little work........a minor operation as they say.. ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Bass VI

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 04:15:39 PM »
"Well, maybe.....  Bring the whip."

Zere vill be discipline..... und you vill like it!

Cat o' 9 tails?.....Riding Crop?  

On a serious note we can convert your 05' into a Chromey delight with very little work........a minor operation as they say.. ;)

I might pay to see this..................on second thought, no.............unless rockinrayduke looks like Patty Duke circa early '60s ? forgive the way my mind works.............................
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 05:55:59 PM »
I've met Ray and there's no chance he'll ever be mistaken for Patty. Or Cathy.  :D

rockinrayduke

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 08:56:09 PM »
Hey, I just want to trade a Bird for an EB3. You guys are turning this thread into something tawdry and perverted!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bass VI

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 09:30:26 PM »
Ummm, errr......................yea............... :D
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 01:41:12 AM »
Hey, I just want to trade a Bird for an EB3. You guys are turning this thread into something tawdry and perverted!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Your point being.......what?  :D

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 04:09:54 AM »
Someone's gonna mention anal sex soon and it will be all over ...

Ray, Fräulein Rommel's disciplinary measures have never been more called for. Even a modern TBird is inherently a more valuable bass than an EB-3 as far as components, structure and versatility go.

I see the mudbug (mudbuck?) has bitten you, and that's fine, but there are other ways to quench your desire:

- Wait for the next Epi EB-3 Elitist on ebay. These are fine basses and awfully close to the original Gibson model. Closer than an SG RI though that is a fine bass in its own right (have you played one yet?).

- Buy a seventies maple neck EB-0 (and add an extra pup, almost any pup will be better than the original minibucker) or EB-3. It can be a total beater, these basses are much more sturdy than the sixties EBs and also feel a lot more substantial compared to the guitarish sixties EBs. The maple neck and middle pup position make them also more versatile, but I assure there is still plenty of El Mudo. They also sell a lot cheaper than the sixties stuff. This is for example my best-sounding EB-3/modded EB-0 (with maybe the exception of the clown fin EB-0L mentioned below) and I have quite a bunch from all eras:

- And if you are a brave man and want to lead the pack then you should do what one of us should have had the guts to do a long time ago: Install a sixties mudbucker right behind the neck of your 05 TBird and have the two vol and the one tone control changed to vol controls for each of the then three pups, you won't miss the tone control I assure you as dialing in the mudbucker will cut all the treble you could ever want. Basically, your Bird would then be a mirror image of my EB-0L "+ 2" which sounds wonderfully gutsy, yet focused in any combination of the pups:

« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 05:47:56 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 07:10:22 AM »
Pictures at eleven.    ;D

Does that have a special meaning in English? I just know it as a Robert Plant solo album title, never gave it a thought to its meaning, but now you haff zis non-native speäker wondering ...

Please elucidate!

Uwe

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 07:29:40 AM »
Years ago, in advertising the nighttime news, you'd often hear the teaser, "film at eleven" (the time the news comes on in most major U.S. metropolitan areas). I'd imagine it's a reference to that. In the early days of TV news, it was a big deal to have something shot in the field, processed, and cut in time for the news broadcast. Having 'film at 11' gave the network that had it an advantage over others reporting the same story sans pictures.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 07:47:32 AM »
Ah, danke, Gweimer was getting his hopes up high then.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 09:13:38 AM »

"Ray, Fräulein Rommel's disciplinary measures have never been more called for. Even a modern TBird is inherently a more valuable bass than an EB-3 as far as components, structure and versatility go."

Thank you Herr Moderator!  See, tawdry (I love that word!) and perverse can sometimes lead to an educational experience too......... ;)