Author Topic: the horror....the horror  (Read 2781 times)

Bass VI

• View Profile
Re: the horror....the horror
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 03:34:53 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/1961-EPIPHONE-NEWPORT-EBD-BASS-2-PICKUPS-ULTRA-RARE-NR_W0QQitemZ160222550313QQihZ006QQcategoryZ118984QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Well, I'm out of the running, at close to $1000 (including shipping) I'll hope the new owner is a member and will offer pics and tracings.
Good Luck!

S.
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 06:06:13 PM »
Sold for $1351.  :o

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 06:19:52 PM »
I dropped out after $600.  BassVI - which bidder were you?  Unless the buyer is a good luthier planning to do the work himself, I gotta think this went a little over the edge.  This had to be a labor of love, because I don't think it will end up with that high a value after all that needs to be done.  The finish is still pretty checked regardless.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Bass VI

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 07:46:07 PM »
I didn't even get in on it, by the time I checked the auction this afternoon, it was higher than I wanted to go.  The $6-800 range would have been as far as I wanted to go. At $1400 w/shipping, it will be tough to recoup unless the winner is doing the work himself and is very skilled. Repaired I couldn't see it selling for more than $1800 and the restoration bill will probably go past that.
On the other hand, it is rare and the new owner may place a premium on rarity rather than market value, for that matter he/she? may think it's cool ( I do ) and that's the value to them. I thought I recognized the high bidders ID ( maybe from the 'Pit? )
Anyone out there wanna show of your new prize?

Cheers,

S.
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you