Author Topic: NBD Mahogany body Peavey Patriot  (Read 5218 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: NBD Mahogany body Peavey Patriot
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 12:06:48 PM »
It's a good feature and one that Leo championed at his last venture with G&L. The downfall was it's potential for making the necks susceptible to the dreaded ski jump when set ups were left to dunder headed owners or inept techs. Would rather have that type of set up than six bolts like the G&Ls have now. Nice hog P btw SD.

I wasn't arguing against it, in the end it's just another way of getting the job done. It wouldn't be a deciding factor one way or another for me.

It did get somewhat of a bad rep in the 70s but that was more due to Fender's general QC problems than any fault of the micro-tilt.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »
It's all good Dave. I didn't think you were arguing either. Found this
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

ack1961

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 02:09:50 PM »
I've had 8 or 9 basses with the micro-tilt neck.  I've always liked the feature, but I've always been really conservative using it. If you need to crank that puppy, you've got bigger issues. It's a neat option.
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 02:46:03 PM »
Looks pretty easy for anyone with basic machining capability to add to an existing neck plate. The biggest challenge would be to avoid screwing up the chrome plating on the plate itself.  The hole you drilled in the neck plate could be tapped to take a long set screw, and it would be easy to inset a metal slug into the base of the neck for the set screw to press against.

OTOH, how often would you ever need to make an adjustment?  Not very.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."