Author Topic: Football  (Read 2112 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Football
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 07:41:38 AM »
If you love American football, you gotta love tonight's game:  Chicago at Green Bay!

Once again, da Bears visit famed Lambeau field, the famous home of the only community-owned pro football team in America.

The oldest rivalry in pro football, renewed at the oldest and most storied venue.

Let the brat-BBQ begin!!!!!!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »
 Bears game ticket prices are from $77 - $400 this year.

I have seen some great games at the old Browns stadium. The Brown & Steelers during a blizzard, comes to mind. It was the largest capacity stadium at its time (now gone) 80,000+.

Never forget this game, stabbed in the heart the city was.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 05:08:15 AM »
Lionel Ritchie as the pre match entertainment at the Aussie Rules Footy Grand final = Fail  :rolleyes:
Digresion our specialty!

Chaser001

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 05:54:50 AM »
Lionel Ritchie as the pre match entertainment at the Aussie Rules Footy Grand final = Fail  :rolleyes:

Over the summer, I saw a Dutch comedy show in which someone posing as a Japanese reporter "interviewed" him and said all kinds of embarrassing things about him.  For instance, the reporter stated how she much preferred the music of Julio Iglesias, etc.  It was brutal.  But when Lionel Richie was informed of what was actually happening, he took it very well.  It made my respect go way up for him.  This doesn't mean I'll be listening to his music; I'm not.  But in real life he seems like a really good guy. 

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 06:04:22 AM »
Nothing personal against LR or his music but AC/DC or Jimmy Barnes etc would be a better fit musically for that crowd. It was embarrassing to watch. ppl were booing between songs. And when there are 100.000 ppl and a large portion of them showing a lack of appreciation....well.... :-[
Digresion our specialty!

Chaser001

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010, 06:16:36 AM »
Nothing personal against LR or his music but AC/DC or Jimmy Barnes etc would be a better fit musically for that crowd. It was embarrassing to watch. ppl were booing between songs. And when there are 100.000 ppl and a large portion of them showing a lack of appreciation....well.... :-[

It sounds like as poor of a choice as getting Hendrix to open up for the Monkees.  I doubt if I would enjoyed it, either.  It's just my perception of Richie will never be the same now after seeing how well he handled himself in that fake interview.  However, whoever is managing him really needs to find a way to book more appropriate venues for him.  Maybe by this point in time that isn't easy to do. 

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2010, 06:34:47 AM »
The crowd give a little cheer when he starts after that they are pretty much indifferent. The funniest thing was just after LR when Aussie musical icon Joe Camelleri played the Collinwood football club song on his sax the crowd went wild  ;D

I have to admit that LR was the consumate pro during his performance.  bad gig though.

Digresion our specialty!

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 09:49:56 AM »
Ages ago - so long ago I can't guess but 70s - Lionel was on Midnight Special with The Commodores.  The host was the Wolfman, and in between commercial breaks they would do this cut in where he would be on stage with the band and do a "don't go away" thing.  In that tiny segment which I have never seen since they had to play something behind him, so they played Mannish Boy.  It was hard core. They had sack.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »
I worked with an Austrian guy 5 years ago who still carried around his drivers license from the 1980s. He worked as a ski instructor back then, and had a slight afro hairstyle, plus a moustache.  The ski tan made him a dead ringer for Lionel Ritchie in his licence photo.  Always good for a laugh when he would pull that out of his wallet at the pub.
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive