Author Topic: Remember when ebay was fun.  (Read 2933 times)

eb2

• View Profile
Re: Remember when ebay was fun.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »
I hate to think of all the guitars that passed through ebay in the first couple of years that I was on it.  I never bid on them as I couldn't square myself with buying stuff with bigger price tags.  Too much risk at the time, although parts were small and cheap enough that I bought lots of that stuff.  I still wish I had gambled on the 61 EB-2C that came through.  It was a beauty, and clean.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 04:53:01 AM »
I'll tell you the best feedback I ever received on eBay, though it was a long time ago. My eBay handle was "Dentist" and the feedback left to me on my purchase was "It was a painless extraction". Brilliant! EBayers often were rather playful in those days.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

nofi

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 06:26:33 AM »
an ex ebay ceo whose name escapes me is running for gov. of california. it might be some of our ebay dollars  helping to fund her campaign. it could happen...  :-\

Deathshead

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 05:26:50 AM »
Remember when Rickenbackers were $425 all day long and MIJ fenders were $199?

Those were the (early) days of ebay, now everyone thinks they are a friggin expert.

Basshappi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 11:32:40 AM »
Yep, My MIJ was my very first e-bay purchase and I got it with HSC and shipping for just under $400.
Nothing is what it seems but everthing is exactly what it is.

nofi

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 05:06:17 AM »
ebay has become the price guide to the world. unrealistic prices become the norm.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 04:38:13 PM »
ebay has become the price guide to the world. unrealistic prices become the norm.

That's one of the biggest downsides. All it takes is two people in a bidding war in one auction and it can throw normal pricing completely out of whack.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 01:02:18 PM »
My best sale was a private party ticket signed by Page, Plant, Jones, Grant, and a certain Mr Powell... all in the same place at the same time in 1981... there were a lot of rumours post Bonham, and this was the event that gave them fuel...

£368 for a 3x5" piece of card and a couple of poor quality pics...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...