Author Topic: Detroit Rock City  (Read 695 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Detroit Rock City
« on: April 14, 2010, 10:03:48 AM »
I never knew this was a Japanese Manga, movie & anime series ?

From wiki
Soichi Negishi is a shy and gentle young man who dreams of a career as a pop musician. Dreams don't pay the bills, so he's ended up as the lead singer and lead guitarist of a death metal band called “Detroit Metal City.” In stage costume he is Johannes Krauser II, rumored to be a terrorist demon from hell, to have killed and raped his parents, to wield his giant death penis with abandon, etc. etc. Negishi despises DMC and all that it stands for, but so help him, he's a terrific performer and can't walk away from that. As DMC's star rises Negishi tries to satisfy both worlds, but can't.

The live action film adaptation of the series, directed by Toshio Lee and written by Mika ?mori, was released on August 23, 2008. It features performances by Ken'ichi Matsuyama, Rosa Kato, Rumi Hiiragi, Yasuko Matsuyuki and a cameo appearance by Gene Simmons. It has been watched by more than 1 million people. It has been reported that several offers have been made from United States and Hong Kong based companies to remake the film.[1] Detroit Metal City was selected as a part of the 33rd Annual Toronto International Film Festival's Midnight Madness Program on September 5, 2008. It was also shown for the first time in the United Kingdom on November 2008 in Hyde Park Picture House, Leeds. It was also shown as part of the 13th Japanese Film Festival in November and December in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia in 2009
[edit]OVA

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Detroit Rock City
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:31:41 AM »
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:36:53 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: Detroit Rock City
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 05:01:19 AM »
Actually I believe the opening song is not the Kiss song, at least that I can recognize, but a song Maximum The Hormone did. I guess the series only uses the Kiss name and is inspired by the band.