Author Topic: The Who do the Super Bowl  (Read 2100 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: The Who do the Super Bowl
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 05:13:46 PM »
Crikey... Favre in another final...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 06:17:11 PM »
I am hopin the Who are good enough to watch while the Vikes and Pats break for halftime.

Fifth time's a charm?

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 08:04:27 PM »
Fifth time's a charm?

I'm thinkin' so!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 09:10:29 PM »
He still plays good for an old guy.  I don't think it's out of the question for him to do it again.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 09:03:57 AM »
He is playing as well as ever, and they aren't using his arm too much.  They don't have to though as this years Vikings are probably the best team he has ever had.  The talent is impressive.  I watched the Saints eat the Pats up last night, and that was tight meeting flat.  The Pats defense has been plugged up with new guys who don't work yet.  I really don't think they could do that to the Vikings defense.  And I don't think they could stop Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor.  I pick the Vikings to beat the Saints.  The biggest weakness the Vikings have is Brad Childress.  If they get to the super bowl - and they can - then they run the risk of being out-coached.  But Favre is surprisingly good. 
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 10:27:13 AM »
I fully expect the Vikes and Saints to meet in the NFC Championship game.  As a card-carrying (AARP) old fart, I gotta root for the old guy.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 02:21:37 PM »
My "drinking buddy" in the West Country is a Packers fan... He told me Favre had achieved another milestone this year... only player to play against every NFL team (I may have some of this wrong) ...?

His eBay ID is a pic I "photoshopped" of him with BF (placed his face behind the mask grill - took his family a while to spot it, so it was a big surprise when they did. one of my better ones...) 

I think there are still plans to hold a "Super Bowl" final at Wembley...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 02:53:51 PM »
I believe that was "only player to WIN against every NFL team".  Good for him.