Author Topic: New band in Fort Collins!  (Read 843 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
New band in Fort Collins!
« on: October 11, 2013, 09:37:24 PM »
Al, this sounds like it's just up your alley!

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/muc/4119066123.html

New Band With Established Local Musicians (TODAY!)
We're starting a new band with some local musicians who are migrating from other local bands. There are some ground rules that we will be following so, if you want to join, listen up:

1. If anyone has heard of it, we won't play it. Period.

2. We drink craft beer only. No PBR'ers. That "working man" image has been ruined by hipster a-holes. Drink a PBR at a show and you're out of the band!

3. Filterless cigarettes only. Extra points if you roll your own. Double extra points if you're too busy practicing to ever buy your own smokes.

4. When you audition, we need to see a recent receipt from a thrift shop. If you don't have one, a picture of you rummaging thru a dumpster will suffice.

5. At least one of your instruments must be stolen, preferably from a friend. Bonus points if it's from the friend's significant other. That's just bad-ass.

6. You won't mind when I show up late to rehearse and bitch at you for starting without me.

7. You must repeatedly state that you can learn songs easily but when there's not a lesson on youtube, you will tell us that you don't really like that song...

8. No screwing the cellist.

10. You will skip past at least one song on the set list at every single show. This is mandatory.

11. Go ahead and screw the cellist. The rest of us did.

If this sounds like a good fit, go screw yourself. We would never admit that we found a band member on Craigslist. But, we do hang out at The Forge every Thursday evening. We're the guys with facial hair wearing hats. Approach us.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: New band in Fort Collins!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 07:25:45 AM »
Excellent!  I love #7.  In my last band, I wondered often why they even bothered to print set lists for the last 2 sets.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 09:09:30 AM »
Hmmm...I'm surprised they have facial hair or are old enough to drink craft brew.  Sound like hipster/poseurs.

I think I'll hang out with my 40+ guys and play ZZ Top, George Thorogood and other classic rock.

;D ;)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 09:15:09 AM »
But, we do hang out at The Forge every Thursday evening. We're the guys with facial hair wearing hats. Approach us.

Why do I have the feeling that this would describe half of the people hanging out there on Thursday nite??
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 09:44:34 AM »
And if you have to prove to the all of them that you shop at a thrift shop or rummage through dumpsters, then they're probably hipster a-holes.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »
And if you have to prove to the all of them that you shop at a thrift shop or rummage through dumpsters, then they're probably hipster a-holes.

And that's putting it politely. 

Although since this is a university town, it's always possible that the whole thing is satire.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."