Author Topic: Quite a collection for sale on TB  (Read 7921 times)

ack1961

• View Profile
Quite a collection for sale on TB
« on: August 22, 2012, 11:58:59 AM »
Don't know if its taboo to post this here or not, but there is someone selling off their bass collection on TB.
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/huge-bass-sale-everything-must-go-910133/

I don't know him or the circumstances behind the sale, but here's the list from his thread:

1). Modulus Flea 4 in Gold Sparkle, matching headstock, OBP – 3 preamp. Purchased in July 2012. Serial number 120160, $1,500

2). Modulus Flea 4 in Purple Sparkle, matching headstock, OBP – 1 preamp. Purchased in 2009. Serial number 080200, $1,250

3). Modulus VJ 4 in three tone sunburst, OBP – 3 preamp, purchased in February 2012. Serial number 100102, $1,500

4). Modulus Quantum 4, OBP 3 – preamp, purchased in 2010, serial number 100096, $1,750

5). USA Lakland 4-94, blue quilt top, purchased in February 2012, serial number 966, $2,250

6). Ken Smith BSRGN4, sycamore top, purchased in August 2012, serial number 4GN6198F12, $3,250

7). Fodera VW Classic, Victor Wooten’s signature on the headstock, serial number M43020D, $6,000

8). Fodera Monarch in Yin/Yang, Holly/Ebony top, serial number M43218D, $8,500

9). Fodera Imperial in Matt Garrison shape, New Pope Preamp installed, serial number MG43059N, $8,000

10). Pedulla Nuance, redwood top, purchased in February 2012, serial number 9630, $1,750

11). Music Man Stingray Premiere Dealer Network, gold fleck in white paint, purchased in February 2012, serial number 49649, $1,500

12). Status Level 42, 30th Anniversary Bass, #8 of 42 made, LED’s on Front and Side (green and red/red), purchased in August 2012, $4,000

13). Fender Marcus Miller Jazz in Olympic White. Professional installation of Bartolini TC3 preamp (Marcus Miller’s one). Purchased in August 2011. No case, but will ship with a gig bag. $900

14). Sadowsky Metro Will Lee Edition. Drop D tuner, mid range tone boost. Soft shell Sadowsky case. Purchased in February 2012. Serial number M4363. $2,000

15). Ritter Bass, hand made for me (says so on the head stock). Serial #940. http://www.ritter-instruments.com/item_info.php?i=519 $2,500

16). Ritter Bass, hand made for me (says so on the headstock). Serial # 1016. http://www.ritter-instruments.com/item_info.php?i=520 $2750

17). Music Man StingRay H, blue, serial #F85574, purchased August 2012, $850

18). Music Man Stingray HS, serial #E69014, purchased August 2012, $950

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I wasn't supposed to post this on LBO, then delete it and send me the bill.

Steve
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: Quite a collection for sale on TB
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »
I'm wondering if this is the guy in Atlanta whose LeCompte I tried.  The Atlanta Bass Gallery used to consign some items from this guy, from what the owner told me.  I guess this guy's living room is one of those two-tiered display units.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
Okay to post it, but the For Sale section is for your own gear. Moving to the Bass Zone.

For the ones I know about, prices seem reasonable. You have to wonder how many people will bite in this economy though. I wish him luck.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 10:51:18 AM »
I still don't understand the appeal of some of those bass styles. But, since I am not going to buy any of them, I don't have to!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 01:31:57 PM »
to me the list looks typical for a bucks up, bass player reading tber. ;D
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 04:34:04 PM »
I was gonna say, terrible "do gooder", "bass teacher's pet", "I'm a serious musician" collection. Probably drives a hybrid too.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 04:43:09 PM »
The collection I heard about (it's the Ritters that make me wonder) was a guy who loved basses, couldn't play, but was also terminally ill.  At the time I was in Atlanta, some basses were on consignment to help cover medical expenses.

Ain't I a buzzkill?   :-\

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 04:47:59 PM »
so is this the same guy?
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »
I don't think we know where this collection is located, so can't really say.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 07:24:45 PM »
I was gonna say, terrible "do gooder", "bass teacher's pet", "I'm a serious musician" collection. Probably drives a hybrid too.

...all four stringers- that's kinda odd.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 08:31:37 PM »
The collection I heard about (it's the Ritters that make me wonder) was a guy who loved basses, couldn't play, but was also terminally ill.  At the time I was in Atlanta, some basses were on consignment to help cover medical expenses.

Ain't I a buzzkill?   :-\

I think I know who you're talking about- he was selling a bunch of stuff over there not too long ago.  I think this might be a different seller.  That other guy had some really interesting/unusual stuff - Carl Thompsons, couple Spellbinders (one shortie, one long scale IIRC), some cool Birdsongs (never played one, but I kinda like the look of some of them)...  I remember checking out some of his listings - think his handle there is CTBirdsong, or something to that effect.

It's always interesting to me to see peoples collections, and what motivates them.  For whatever reason, my tastes have always drawn me to the "mass-produced oddballs" ;D 

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 10:01:51 PM »
A little searching shows an Ernest Howard with that email address is listed as member of a tennis center in Windsor, CO (near Greeley).

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 12:11:26 AM »
I think I know who you're talking about- he was selling a bunch of stuff over there not too long ago.  I think this might be a different seller.  That other guy had some really interesting/unusual stuff - Carl Thompsons, couple Spellbinders (one shortie, one long scale IIRC), some cool Birdsongs (never played one, but I kinda like the look of some of them)...  I remember checking out some of his listings - think his handle there is CTBirdsong, or something to that effect.

I bought a Gene Simmons Punisher bass off that guy.  Strange to see him selling that one in the middle of all the bouticky basses.
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 01:55:47 PM »
A little searching shows an Ernest Howard with that email address is listed as member of a tennis center in Windsor, CO (near Greeley).

Well, shucky-durns. That's about 15 minutes down the road from here...
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 08:54:39 AM »
Hey....how do the string stay in the grommets on that Ritter?

Oh....I found it...strange slotted top load grommets on the face.
http://www.ritter-instruments.com/bridge.php