Author Topic: Overdrive  (Read 3174 times)

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: Overdrive
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 12:03:34 PM »
Bass overdrive is tricky. Especially if you just want to kick it in for certain songs or parts of songs. If you use it all the time, it's a lot easier to work around. I've been using a Digitech bass driver for over 5 years. It's versatile - mimics several other pedals, and I can testify that the Tube Screamer and Boss Bass OD tones are very convincing. And it's got a blend knob, which I will not do without. I'm sure there's something better out there, but for the money, the Digitech pretty much does what I need it to do. In the past I've used/tried a big muff, Ibanez Super Tube, Sans Amp, and Sparkle Drive. Digi wins.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 12:57:03 PM »
My favorite is in the head!

Subtle overdriven bass goodness  8)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 12:41:31 AM »
I have that knob too ( and the amp attached to it).
But still use a drive to kick it over the edge. Plus my drive pedal features boost function if you wanna kick it even further...

Mine looks like this one:

Mike00

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 09:53:38 PM »
I used the original hand-wired Sansamp pedal in Normal mode for several years... both with an amp and direct injection.   I sold it about 2 years ago unfortunately...  I loved the tone but I always had to use some sort of a preamp or EQ after it to get the needed bottom end.

Now I'm using a TS808 clone but with a low-mids boost mod (just 1 cap gets changed).   It seems to work great for any Bass & Amp I use.

The rest of my pedalboard includes a Shin Ei/Univox Super Fuzz clone and for <ahem> solo boosts, I'm using a pedal clone of the old Boss FA-1 belt-clip FET Preamp.  I can pretty much do everything I need with those 3 pedals... except that I also use tremolo a lot.  For that I use an old Boss PN-2.

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »
i use either a Rat II or a Turbo Rat. but i like Big Muffs too especialy the soviet ones.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES