Author Topic: It Might Be Loud  (Read 852 times)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
It Might Be Loud
« on: August 10, 2009, 08:17:52 PM »
Opens Thursday at Midnight!

Questions & Answers:

Looks goood

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: It Might Be Loud
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 08:07:47 PM »
Evidently it ain't LOUD enuf. Alas

IT MIGHT GET LOUD

Marketed as a guitar summit between The Edge, Jimmy Page, and Jack White, Davis Guggenheim’s affectionate, intermittently insightful behind-the-music doc is more electric triptych than meeting of the minds. Yes, the trio gather ’round the soundstage amps to teach each other a few tricks, but it’s anticlimactic—save for the schoolboy smiles of White and The Edge’s mug when Page instructs them in the finer art of piloting a Led Zeppelin. But the meat of the movie deals with their individual tales anyway: The Edge showing off the school rooms and studios where U2 became one; Page air-guitaring along to Link Wray’s “Rumble” and guiding us through the manse where the fourth Zep record was recorded; White building a guitar out of little more than wood, wire, and a Coke bottle. Guggenheim pits young’un against old fart: White bemoans “technology,” while The Edge is nothing but—so much so that U2 fans may find themselves disappointed by the revelation that the Wizard is nothing but a pile of pedals behind that arena-sized curtain. It’s Page, a joyful instructor and natural storyteller, who steals the spotlight. (Robert who? More, please.) Only real complaint: The movie’s not loud enough. They should have turned that f***er up to 11. — Robert Wilonsky

It's only 1 hour 37 min. too

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 08:55:26 PM »
Fokk it! I'm goin' to see it tonight!!!  8)

birdie

• Trying hard to be the person my dog thinks I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 10:27:21 PM »
i'm gonna go see it too, for sure.. ;D
Fleet Guitars

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 12:48:25 AM »
KILLER flick, as expected!!! Not freakin' long enuf to satisfy tho, just a tease.
I would have loved it if it was twice as long or even 3 or 4 times longer.
That's just how much I love Page & White!! The Edge just took up precious time.
Glad I got to see it while it's just in NY & LA so I'm among the lucky doggs who got first crack at it! :cool:
Don't wanna spoil it for anyone so I won't say too much more than GO SEE IT as soon as it's in a theater near you. I will add that it's very inspiring & I'm gonna go play some music now...maybe even guitar instead of the usual bass...