Author Topic: What Are Ya Listening To?  (Read 5292 times)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
What Are Ya Listening To?
« on: February 07, 2008, 02:27:22 PM »
FREE~ All Right Now (a Greatest Hits collection, I also have Fire & Water)
Get Where I Belong is my fav off this collection. Bass on Songs of Yesterday is PUMPIN'!

Stephen Stills self titled 1970 album~ Fav right now is CHEROKEE.
This cut has the same feel as the Animals MONTEREY which is GREAT too!!
Horns & sitar!!

As for a good band from THIS millenium--lately I've been gettin' back into AUDIOSLAVE....their first one.
Teach Me How To Live is my fav & GASOLINE is good too!!

eb2

• View Profile
Re: What Are Ya Listening To?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 03:22:37 PM »
Pretty Things Electric Banana
Beau Hunks play Leroy Shields
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 06:44:35 PM »
FREE~ All Right Now (a Greatest Hits collection, I also have Fire & Water)
Get Where I Belong is my fav off this collection. Bass on Songs of Yesterday is PUMPIN'!

Stephen Stills self titled 1970 album~ Fav right now is CHEROKEE.
This cut has the same feel as the Animals MONTEREY which is GREAT too!!
Horns & sitar!!

As for a good band from THIS millenium--lately I've been gettin' back into AUDIOSLAVE....their first one.
Teach Me How To Live is my fav & GASOLINE is good too!!

Interesting selection - I play Free Live sometimes to remind me of what bass players used to be able to get away with.

That Stephen Stills album is incredible for its time, I've got the Cd and the original vinyl. Guest spots from Hendrix and Clapton. I can sort of play "Love the one you're with" on guitar, if I've had enough to drink. I think Black Queen is still my favourite. I also love some of the old Buffalo Springfield tracks.

Saw Audioslave live once, great night. But I gather they've split and RATM is back, which is ok too. I have a bootleg of Audioslave at Montreux where Chris Cornell takes a long time to warm up to the vocals, but then does a great solo acoustic Black Hole Sun.

I was gutted to miss Queens of the StoneAge when they were touring here, but they played stupidly small venues and sold out in 5 seconds flat. For compensation I got to see Korn who were boring as hell (but my wife and daughter like them).

HornetAMX

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 06:58:58 PM »
I've been listening to strange selections lately.

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits (I love that song "You Got Lucky"
ELO - Discovery (always fun to play along with "Shine A Little Love"
Spinners - Mighty Love (a great CD recently remastered)
Darryl Hall And John Oates - The Atlantic Collection (some lost gems)
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same (newly remastered with extra tracks, JPJ still kills on the title song!)
I made an cool old Country mix cd with a bunch of oldies on it. (Charlie Rich, George Jones, Lynn Anderson, Waylon, Donna Fargo, Freddy Fender, etc.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 09:21:38 PM »
Right now I'm listening to the Pixies. "Debaser" from Doolittle, if you want to be specific.

30 minutes from now, who knows?  :)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 04:45:00 AM »
In my car stereo? New Sheryl Crow, Herr Dasson's überlauter Thunderbird on the Johnny Smoke CD, a Jean Luc Ponty anthology, a Cult anthology and Benedictum's*** new (second) CD.

Last week it was UFO's three new remasters of Phenomenon, Force it (a pun on faucet, hence the cover of a couple making out in a bathroom, I only grasped that now  :-[) and No Heavy Petting plus their mid-nineties (aborted) reunion album Walk on Water. Not to forget: A compilation of Ober-Womble Mike Batt singing the songs he's written for mostly other people like Art Garfunkel (Bright Eyes) and Katie Melua (Closest thing to crazy).

I'm a musical whore!

***Benedictum?

A Westcoast multiracial heavy metal four-piece

http://www.benedictum.net/

with a singer with a voice to match her ... I think voluptuous is the word ... exterior.

She sounds like a mix of Dio, Halford  and Ann Wilson ...

... and does rather credible Ronnie James Dio impressions, except that she is probably twice as tall as he is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQv81cQgVfo&feature=related

« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 07:35:15 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »
Veronica of Benedictum has quite a set of lungs!!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 05:51:56 PM »
And a major pushup bra.

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 09:38:57 AM »
Wow.  Well Jean Michel Jarre doesn't look like her, but for some reason I've been retro-nostalgia mode and listening to the Oxygene-Equinox-Magenetic Fields Triology alot the last couple of weeks.  Way ahead of his time, and *ahhh* ANALOG synth.  I miss them... :'(

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 09:49:56 AM »

The Best of INXS.

What a fantastic band in the studio and live. Garry Beers knows his place in the music. His playing is understated but always where it needs to be.  "Mystify" for me is evocative, dark, sexy even hauntingly beautiful.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 12:57:52 PM »
Wow.  Well Jean Michel Jarre doesn't look like her, but for some reason I've been retro-nostalgia mode and listening to the Oxygene-Equinox-Magenetic Fields Triology alot the last couple of weeks.  Way ahead of his time, and *ahhh* ANALOG synth.  I miss them... :'(

Jarre! Images and Chronologie are in my recently played pile, I have Oxygene and Equinox, but didn't know they were 2/3rd's of a trilogy. I'll have to start looking for Magnetic Fields, I guess. BTW my favorite is Jean Michel Jarre in Concert/Houston Lyons. One show I would have liked to seen.

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 01:40:32 PM »
I have Oxygene and Equinox, but didn't know they were 2/3rd's of a trilogy

Well, I'm not sure its an "official" trilogy.   Its the only 3 I listened to back in the day, so for me they are.  I downloaded all 3 off of iTunes last week.  iTunes is awesome! 

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 04:49:14 PM »
and *ahhh* ANALOG synth.  I miss them... :'(

Amen!  But don't despair - they're alive and well...   ;D

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 05:06:35 PM »
A great rock band from Minnesota, Down & Above- Hold Your breath For A Rising Tide

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 10:12:32 AM »
I'm listening to various things at the moment.

Some Oasis CDs cos I'm in an Oasis phase again. Same with The Small Faces. Tin Soldier still is one of the best pop songs ever.

Also listening to Mark Ronson feat. Amy Winehouse, the new British soul girl Duffy, some remastered Van Morisson CDs they send me ( a live double album (Too late to stop now) and Tupelo Honey) to review and some Shadows because of this UK made Burns Bass I'm testing.