Author Topic: Couldn't resist a 15"...  (Read 2500 times)

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
Re: Couldn't resist a 15"...
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 01:38:48 PM »
Yeah, things are different these days. Blowing a speaker with too little power was once unimaginable. It was always too much juice that got you in trouble ;D

It's still too much power, just too much power not being applied properly to the driver. If the speaker were in a sealed cabinet, it would be fine.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 05:05:06 PM »
The simple answer is - play it, enjoy it, just don't crank it up too high.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »
Now I have it!  Just finished putting rollers on the bottom of the 15" cab.  It is marked 150W RMS...but that's not going to wrorry me.

Here it is...

And here it is with my 2x10 and amp....

So now I'm back in the situation of deciding whether or not to drag a 15 to gigs.  But if I decide not to, I have both a 1x12 and 2x10 to play through.

ACE Hardware provided nice rubber rollers (front pair with locking levers) for about 8 bucks each, mounted with #10 screws 1" long. Each has a load rating of about 100 pounds, so on a 65-pound cab they should last:

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."