Author Topic: Brought a Yamaha guitar back to life  (Read 878 times)

Blazer

Brought a Yamaha guitar back to life
« on: November 13, 2008, 07:12:39 PM »
Today I got my grubby hands on a carcass of an otherwise brand new guitar, a Yamaha Pacifica 812 W which came without pickups, Wilkinson Vibrato and harware. The neck is perfectly fine and there's no marks on the body.

And so I decided to see if I could teach this mutt some tricks that she couldn't do yet.

The bridge is from a higher end Squier and I blocked it off, it's solid, a fixed bridge, no vibrato, Zilch! As you can tell I used some fine pickups, the neck pickup is a GFS blade, the middle is a Fender single coil which came from my white Mexican strat and the bridge pickup is a Duncan JB, they are wired to two three way toggle switches which work like this.

Little switch
Up - Neck pickup
Middle - Neck and Middle pickups together
Down - Middle Pickup

Big switch
Up - every combination the little switch offers of the neck and Middle pickups
Middle - Every combination of the little switch with the bridge pickup added, which included all three pickups on at the same time.
Down - Bridge pickup

The headstock, again I spared no expenses, the tuners are Grovers and look at that flame...

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
Re: Brought a Yamaha guitar back to life
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 08:16:08 PM »
looks nice. i need to get a new guitar myself.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: Brought a Yamaha guitar back to life
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 08:37:43 AM »
Very nice, it's a nice looking body there.  How does it sound?
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!