Author Topic: Quite breaking news - Gibson Bass Line Up 2016  (Read 31254 times)

4stringer77

• View Profile
Re: Quite breaking news - Gibson Bass Line Up 2016
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2015, 10:35:21 AM »
We are living in dystopia. Speaking of stable middle eastern countries. Libya was once one of them. Now it serves as the gateway to Europe for all those displaced and disenfranchised by the neocons lust for dominance and profiteering war mongering. "We came, we saw, he died". But "what difference does it make?"
Well it's making a difference to Hungary and they apparently think building walls isn't such a bad idea.
Here's your immigrants Uwe and they're dying to get to Deutschland.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/migrant-tragedies-land-sea-claim-hundreds-lives-095433930.html
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2015, 10:51:48 AM »
Zilch. Gar keine. Rien. Nada.

Ignorance is Strength.
Freedom is Slavery.
War is Peace.

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Emmanuel Goldstein and the V 2015 bass do not exist.

Doubleplusnotgood for a sincere collector like me, but the Inner Party and Big Brother Henry can do no wrong.

Cool suit! This was 1974, Bowie was leagues ahead of everyone.

Cool boiler suit. Annie was hot in a thinking man's (yes, they do exist!) way.

I never much cared for David Bowie.  But Annie did certainly get my attention in the "Sweet Dreams" video.   Here is a George Harrison song with him on vocals and Dave Stewart on lead guitar.  This picture of George bears an uncanny resemblance to my college roommate Greg.  He also died from smoking and was quite a vocalist and guitarist.  I think he would want it to be known, however, that he was a John Lennon fan through and through.  They don't make them like Greg anymore. 

This version of the song, by the way is on Dave's "Platinum Weird" album, but also on the most recent George Harrison boxed set

It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2015, 11:03:38 AM »

Cool boiler suit. Annie was hot in a thinking man's (yes, they do exist!) way.

You have got to be kidding.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2015, 11:25:30 AM »

Hey, I think Annie still looks pretty good.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2015, 11:32:55 AM »

Hey, intellectual-looking women can be sexy. 

Oops, wrong video. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2015, 12:01:36 PM »
We are living in dystopia. Speaking of stable middle eastern countries. Libya was once one of them. Now it serves as the gateway to Europe for all those displaced and disenfranchised by the neocons lust for dominance and profiteering war mongering. "We came, we saw, he died". But "what difference does it make?"
Well it's making a difference to Hungary and they apparently think building walls isn't such a bad idea.
Here's your immigrants Uwe and they're dying to get to Deutschland.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/migrant-tragedies-land-sea-claim-hundreds-lives-095433930.html

That's why music, which was first something to like for its own sake for me, has now become a potent consolation as we move more into a dystopian world.  People may say this is just part of something cyclical, but I believe we are moving into uncharted territory.  Not in a good way, obviously. 

--Blaise Pascal

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2015, 12:17:30 PM »
Things are getting weird for sure. This is what people dig. No guitars. Good music for doing horse and playing GTA5 I guess. The new (non)thinking man's darling?

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »
looks like talk radio has been cleansing minds and scaring folks again.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2015, 12:34:34 PM »
Things are getting weird for sure. This is what people dig. No guitars. Good music for doing horse and playing GTA5 I guess. The new (non)thinking man's darling?

I listened to some of her music once on some show.  It pretty much appeared to be crap the best I remember.  I listened to about a minute of that song.  That's horrible. 

--Blaise Pascal

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2015, 12:42:25 PM »
I'll take Lorde over any pop diva out there right now.  Intelligent lyrics (these days I'd settle for not-banal), a good voice and not hypersexualised.  Quit being grumpy old curmudgeons. 
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2015, 12:48:33 PM »
I'll take Lorde over any pop diva out there right now.  Intelligent lyrics (these days I'd settle for not-banal), a good voice and not hypersexualised.  Quit being grumpy old curmudgeons.

Quit insulting people just because their taste in music doesn't line up with yours.   You seem to have a habit of doing this, too. 

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2015, 12:49:20 PM »

Dave, but not all women can look like her!

Or her:

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2015, 12:57:00 PM »
Lorde's not bad. I prefer the more traditional Kate Davis. Girls like her give me hope for the future.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2015, 01:06:58 PM »

I'm with the little Canuck. Like what I heard. "Grumpy old curmudgeons"  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm enjoying a double CD of Bay City Rollers Hits in the car right now, I'm enjoying this as well. I'm a music whore.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2015, 01:24:43 PM »
I'm with the little Canuck. Like what I heard. "Grumpy old curmudgeons"  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm enjoying a double CD of Bay City Rollers Hits in the car right now, I'm enjoying this as well. I'm a music whore.

I haven't heard much from Lorde, but what I've heard so far is of little interest to me.  However, if disliking Modest Mouse (a band Granny Gremlin has defended on this forum) makes someone a curmudgeon, then so be it.  Their music is some of the worst music I've ever heard.  Their "lead singer's" singing defies description. 

--Blaise Pascal