Author Topic: Quite breaking news - Gibson Bass Line Up 2016  (Read 31412 times)

4stringer77

• View Profile
Re: Quite breaking news - Gibson Bass Line Up 2016
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2015, 01:16:48 PM »
Perhaps I'm misinformed. It was something I heard on talk radio claiming Canada had abolished it's anchor baby law.
http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/2015/08/michael-savage-newsletter-if-canada-can-abolish-its-anchor-baby-law-so-can-we/
We don't need to delve deeper into a discussion on immigration though. So how about those Gibson basses for 2016? Not happening?
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2015, 02:22:25 PM »
The only exception to the citizenship by birth rule is foreign diplomats: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules/

There was some talk about eliminating it though, and our current governing party has been 'investigating it' since 2012 .... and apparently I was wrong about it being a universal concept. ... and we call them 'passport babies' or 'birth/maternity tourists.'

Sorry about going a little political there for a minute.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2015, 05:39:22 PM »
Germany has citizenship by ancestry - that concept has as many drawbacks as citizenship by birth if not more. Citizenship by birth is generally viewed as the more modern concept - citizenship by ancestry as tainted by Nazism and all their race-crap.

Immigration is the hot topic in Germany too, asylum seekers are at a peak, they can't build the container compounds fast enough to house all these people who are mostly war refugees from the Middle East. The West is witnessing the chickens coming home to roost. Our Middle East policies have always been bad, since the early 80ies they have been conceited, shortsighted and ahistorical. We've managed to destabilize a whole region, in hindsight the Osmanic Empire seems like a brilliant idea. Just think how the Middle East would look today if all the money that went into military operations in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libanon, Lybia and Allah knows where else had been employed to build infrastructure there. Rather thhan suffering from a brain drain, these countries might now have Europeans applying for a career there. If you look at the map, the most stable regime (counting Israel out) in the region is the - looking at the last 35 years - most aggressive anti-Western one AND the one whose country borders were the leas
t influenced by Western colonialism: Iran. Take a minute and think what that says about Western policy in the Middle East in the last 100 years or so.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 04:41:04 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2015, 06:22:49 PM »
My grandparents moved to the USA...uneducated coal miners...Czechs...my dad was a structural engineer (designed some well known buildings in Cincinnati and elsewhere)...joined the CCC at 16 and got his own education...I am a CPA...Dad was always vehemently against the anti-immigration people...

Matter of fact, the only people Dad was prejudiced against were the entrenched WASPs and people of Japanese descent (he went through hell in the war--give him a break)...

My point is that many immigrants add to the society they enter--they add richness and diversity to the world. Dad was born here....if he wasn't a citizen where would I be... a citizen of nowhere? The Czech republic?  I have no knowledge of anything about the Czech Republic, though I would love to visit.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:39:27 PM by patman »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2015, 05:09:31 AM »
Large scale immigration is seldom painless and causes issues with the traditional population BUT: In the long run - historically speaking - it has always proven beneficial, the US is the living breathing example. It's evolution at work. I have no doubts that the Syrian refugees in Germanny will largely assimilate very well and add something to our nation. (It is further my firm conviction that had you guys not had any further immigration following, say, the Civil War, then the USA's strategic importance would today be somewhat akin to Australia, you would not be the world power you are.)

The real danger of immigration lies in what it does to the countries that are left behind by people emigrating: the brain drain. Just look at how long Ireland took to get back to its feet again after the waves of emigrants it lost. More than a century and it is still not quite there.

That is why a more effective sharing of wealth is a crucial future issue. No legislation and no border fence, how high it may be, will stop economics-driven (im)migration. Only improvement of living conditions overall can (and a perspective in your country that your children will have it better than you). It is that simple and that difficult.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:15:09 AM by uwe »

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2015, 07:17:45 AM »
Effective sharing of wealth? That's what's destroying the western nations taking in all these immigrants. Many aren't coming to work and assimilate like Patman's dad but to just take advantage of the welfare systems. Economic conditions can't improve under these circumstances and eventually the third world will simply collapse in to the first.

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2015, 08:14:21 AM »
my whole family came over here from italy in the early 1900's and was of the same mindset as patman's dad. go to work and make the best of your new country. have things changed that much over the years or are we talking about now just about the current hispanic situation. the latino work ethic has done more to help this country than anything else. lazy amuricans bitch that they took our jobs but to the victor goes the spoils. i'm talking about blue collar jobs here but these are the jobs that impact people's lives on a daily basis. construction, farming,utilities and any and all menial labor jobs that other people refuse to do. i don't see many white folks doing these jobs anymore. i guess they all work at wal mart.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:02:07 AM by nofi »
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2015, 08:18:20 AM »
For every non-working immigrant you'll find nine who gladly will - and in many cases in jobs no longer attractive to the host population. Most immigrants tend to be industrious people, if you can't get off your ass you're likely to stay put, not cross the ocean or a desert for an uncertain future even if goaded by unrealistic promises.

In Germany, seekers of political asylum (as the Syrian refugees all are) are not even allowed to work (no work permit for the duration of the lengthy legal process of seeking asylum) which I think is a grave mistake, let them work, even make them work (nearly all of them want to). Make people feel useful and wanted.

The "effective sharing of wealth" I mean is not throwing money at people via welfare or development aid in the old-fashioned sense of sending free food to Ethiopia so that Ethiopian farmers can no longer sell their produce at sensible prices and stop farming their land. It's creating sustainable economic opportunities in immigrant home countries via infrastructure, health, education and access to markets. And as commercial opportunities are finite, the West will have to make some room. We either do that or fence ourselves in at great democratic and economic cost. These kind of obstacles have never worked for long in the past. Neither Apartheid (oppressing the majority of your population and caging them away from the spoils) nor the Iron Curtain (make your borders impenetrable!) were success stories.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 08:26:04 AM by uwe »

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2015, 09:30:55 AM »
Interesting discussion, but political discussions always bring complaints.

Time to get back to bashing Gibson, please.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2015, 11:58:48 AM »
I heard Gibson is releasing the V bass in a limited Scandinavian market with a slight modification. It will have a gun barrel built in to the neck and double as a fully functioning semi automatic rifle so the fair bass playing maidens of Sweden can protect their chastity against the hordes of barbaric raping Islamic jihadists invading their land. The new model will be now known as the Valkyrie bass. Ok I'm done.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2015, 04:46:47 PM »
It's been a good week: Satanism, JAE's lack of groove, the Führer congratulating Jesse Owens and accepting Jimi Hendrix' talent (and pedals), global immigration issues, the collaboration of these snide Cannucks with the British tax oppressors of yore and garish fins. I'm not complaining.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2015, 02:04:25 AM »
I heard Gibson is releasing the V bass in a limited Scandinavian market with a slight modification. It will have a gun barrel built in to the neck and double as a fully functioning semi automatic rifle so the fair bass playing maidens of Sweden can protect their chastity against the hordes of barbaric raping Islamic jihadists invading their land. The new model will be now known as the Valkyrie bass. Ok I'm done.

The Breivik Signature Bass you mean? They wanted to call it Crusader I believe ...

:-\

Ok, I'm done too now.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 08:03:24 AM by uwe »

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2015, 05:54:26 AM »
What Breivik did is inexcusable. I'm surprised the same hasn't happened in Rotherham. I guess not having a right to bear arms makes it difficult to defend oneself or their family from the wonderful benefits of multiculturalism England is enjoying. It's working out great though, just ask all the French Jews in Israel who had to flee their homeland because of it.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2015, 07:58:20 AM »
Whit?

Anyway, anybody know how many of these Alembic killers Gibson has sold?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2015, 08:17:36 AM »
Zilch. Gar keine. Rien. Nada.

Ignorance is Strength.
Freedom is Slavery.
War is Peace.

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Emmanuel Goldstein and the V 2015 bass do not exist.

Doubleplusnotgood for a sincere collector like me, but the Inner Party and Big Brother Henry can do no wrong.

Cool suit! This was 1974, Bowie was leagues ahead of everyone.

Cool boiler suit. Annie was hot in a thinking man's (yes, they do exist!) way.