Author Topic: First gig in 21 years...  (Read 2920 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: First gig in 21 years...
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 03:24:59 PM »
and again from the top...

Uwe (and Pilgrim) - ahh, the T... one of my favourites for the posing...   ;)  ... and as for Kate Moss, not one of the UK's better exports... License...? Disney got there first - on the look out for worse...! I have a pretty good Allmans one too...

Uwe, Pilgrim (the sports fan! what's the name...?) and "brother" Scott - Felt real good, I mean REAL good - I'm obsessive about photos, having thousands scanned in and some minor stuff published, but I have a box (about the size of a 4x5-litre/1-gallon bottle container holder) full of negatives and slides, family, aircraft, music, all still to scan from the negs... but too much to do and...
I had always wanted to return to playing, later in life, purely for the fun of it - I never gave up music, I never sold-on the instruments or the amps or the cab - I "bottled it" at around 18, living at home with disaproving parents, turning down the chance at a stab on a band that recorded 7 lps, eventually, to finish off with a trade; finally tried properly in 1981 but kept missing so went back to the day job in '83, finally putting the basses to rest in '88... settled down (me...!?) Twentieth anniversary this year...!
There has always been music around; my 12 string never got put away, a (very cheap) midi set-up (presently off-line post pc issues), and most recently a mandolin sits beside the chair (present from Jackie and Roshina, nearly 5 years back) that I do most of my typing from...
Not a one off, sentients - Chris, the singer/guitarist wants to continue, Nick the drummer is keen, too, so recording some stuff and playing, so we'll see what happens...

Bro' Scott - ... and I'm glad we don't act our age, but it looks like you have managed to be more disgraceful than me...!!! Keep disgracing the family for me, will ya...!!! finally trawling your site - but I'm not sure you want to know my Zep story, you might go off me...  ;D soundin' good... not acting  our age...? (though I'm pretty certain your younger than me?) do guys ever grow up...? - they probably ask because they wish they could too, those that left "Never-Never-Land..."

I'm enjoying the research - slowly going back thru the posts...  :o
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 05:01:19 PM »
Ken I'll be 50 in June.......................how can that be ?
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 05:19:45 PM »
WHAT...! okay, so I'm (gemini) 50 June 9th oh Crabby one...!   I (only) just beat you... 8)

You just look a bit better preserved than I do, but as Jackie only told me this morning, the "goatee really ages you..." BTW, she really hates it...

I asked my daughter, Roshina, post our gig, if she fancied trying bass and she suddenly decided to try playing over the weekend, so as long as she's happy I'll post in the other thread; gonna dig out her posing (about 8 years back) with the Tequilabird and post too...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:45:32 PM by Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic...! »
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...