Author Topic: Favorite Zombie flicks  (Read 3243 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Favorite Zombie flicks
« on: May 15, 2008, 06:41:03 AM »
I just saw this one, it was like lassie only with a Zombie

Fido

What is your favorite Zombie Movie?

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
Re: Favorite Zombie flicks
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 07:48:24 AM »
I was really blown away by the first Resident Evil movie (they're called Biohazard in Japan) - I had never played the game and had no idea what to expect and it just carried me right along.

But I also have a soft spot for the original Dawn of the Dead (i.e., the George Romero version). Even though it falls apart under its own weight and begins to feel like they only wrote the first half and started making things up about halfway through. But the atmosphere with the music by Goblin at the beginning and the way the implications of what is happening unfold get me every time.

I liked the recent Dawn of the Dead remake too, but again, I like the beginning best as the magnitude of what is going on becomes apparent.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 08:15:02 AM »
Shaun Of The Dead has become my new favorite as well as 28 Days Later, that did something no else ever did that I was aware of,  making zombies able to run very fast.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 10:16:25 AM »
While I can appreciate Milla Jovovich in almost any movie, even Resident Evil, I kinda like the old classics: Pet Sematary and American Werewolf (which is as much a zombie as a furry movie).

Worst zombie movie I've seen recently was "I am Legend", man, they really killed the old Omega Man story line in that. Come back former and late NRA president, all might not be forgotten, but it sure is forgiven.

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

hieronymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 10:18:46 AM »
Shaun Of The Dead has become my new favorite as well as 28 Days Later, that did something no else ever did that I was aware of,  making zombies able to run very fast.

Shaun of the Dead - that's another great one!

I'm not sure which came first - 28 Days Later or the Dawn of the Dead remake, but Dawn has fast zombies too. Well, technically 28 Days isn't zombies, but I know what you mean!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 11:15:56 AM »
I liked the recent Dawn of the Dead remake too,

I'm not sure if thats the one where they go to the mall, but you know what's going to happen when they bring the sick fat woman in a wheel barrow!

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 11:22:19 AM »
Another Shaun fan here.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 12:01:11 PM »
I LOVE zombie movies! I don't know why, but I just get a huge kick out of them. I loved Shaun of the dead, 28 days later (but not so much 28 weeks later) Fido, and the most recent Dawn of the dead, as well as countless older movies. It drives my wife nuts when she comes in and I'm watching zombies again. I even watch the really bad ones that I find at the video store. Somewhere in the back of my dark little brain I'm convinced that one day zombies will be here for real. (Not really, but it wouldn't suprise me too much if it happened) Somewhere online there is a "zombie preparedness test" that I failed when I took it. I was only like 35% ready for zombie infestations.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 12:12:21 PM »
We can have musical, political or religious differences but we can all agree on how to kill a zombie and how much fun it can be, especially when a chain saw or cricket bat is involved.

I always get a kick out of going to the movies and watching these little kids play those big zombie shooting games taking them out like pro's, zombie's head exploding like melons!

Nothing like some zombie fun!

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 12:15:42 PM »
I rather enjoyed Shaun of the Dead and Resident Evil Extinction.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 12:58:36 PM »
Here is one zombie survival test I found:

http://www.nerdtests.com/mq/take.php?id=6516

There are better, but this was the first I found.

ZezozeceGlutz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 06:03:56 PM »

I'm not sure which came first - 28 Days Later or the Dawn of the Dead remake,

28 Days Later came first by a year or two.

I love the original Dawn but other than that I tend to gravitate more toward the silly zombie movies like Fulci's Zombie which features a zombie wrestling with a shark underwater or Return of the Dead

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 09:12:55 PM »
Zombie by Lucio Fulcci (the shark scene rules) & Dawn of the Dead by George Romero (i have the sound track on vinyl !) and Return of the Living Dead (yeah,the cheesey 80's one)also great soundtrack with the Cramps !!
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

hieronymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 11:15:03 PM »
I have the Japanese version of the Fulci film, which is called "Sanguelia" for some reason. Classic!

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 12:02:53 PM »
I watched 'Return of the living dead' recently with my daughter. She liked the silly aspects of it. We like to watch horror movies together. Bonding, I guess you would call it.

I think I spotted 'Children shouldn't play with dead things' on Netflix. I'll have to rent that to see if it's as bad as I remember. It's a longtime favorite of a friend of mine. I think Jenna Jameson (spelling?) just had some kind of zombie/stripper movie come out. It was supposed to be pretty bad, but you can bet your ass I'll be watching it!! :mrgreen: