Author Topic: Dee has a point  (Read 3283 times)

lowend1

• View Profile
Re: Dee has a point
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 03:50:04 AM »
Believe it or not, while walking down Mission Beach yesterday I saw what looked like a mid-twenties at most guy with a Twisted Sister logo tattooed on his chest!! I can't believe that there is anyone willing to do that for TS!! I mean, how does this guy even really know about the band and how is he that dedicated to them?? I think I might have been less shocked if it had been a Bay City Rollers tat!!

Even as a club band in the 1970s TS always had a rabid fanbase. I used to work with a guy back then who would follow them around the NY/NJ/CT circuit to almost every gig, and he was by no means the only one. They were hardly the most talented band at the time, but they were supremely entertaining, and Dee was not to be trifled with onstage. I saw many a showdown between Dee (the irresistible force) and any clubgoer who had the nerve to stand with arms folded, unimpressed and uninvolved in the show (the immovable object). I never saw Dee lose one.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Dee has a point
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 05:15:23 AM »
I saw TS probably at their commercial peak on the Come Out and Play tour. Snider sure knew how to work an audience, even by hard rock/heavy metal standards. He was a totally original mix of amiable and intimidating, sincere and hilariously over the top, primal and witty.

No one could look as butch as TS in their tranny garb and - Shangri-Las fans (Dave?) forgive me - their brilliant Leader of the Pack vid foreshadowed the Final Destination series films by several decades!

To soothe the traditionalists among us I hasten to add:

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 05:24:31 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...