Author Topic: I Know Where I'll Be On April 12th...  (Read 3268 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: I Know Where I'll Be On April 12th...
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 12:50:12 PM »
Besides I did say that I would add lettuce and tomato ;)

Well done, Buzz... mind you, that's an awfully greasy slope to climb...  ;D

I most certainly do not believe in "preaching" about my personal tastes, and most definitely to each his own...

Thought this link my be fun for you to look at - #20 first...  :o

http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/worstffchicken.html
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 06:55:03 PM »
Yeah, Ken but they looked for the worst - I just loved the turkey burger with 64 grams of fat!

They didn't say what a six turkey sub, hold the cheese and mayo, from Subway came in at - a lot less than most I wager.  It's hard to eat fast food that's healthy and I will admit that living on the road like I do fast food is my downfall.

Are you a vegetarian or a vegan?

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 08:38:28 PM »
Ah yesssss, to once again have the metabolism of teenager! ;D   Life can be unfair to us old guys  :sad: :sad:

Ain't it true.

My oldest daughter is 5'9 and slender - her freshman roommate was a tiny little gal who is about 5'1" and might weigh 110 pounds.  She eats like a lumberjack and her metabolism burns it up.

Once time when they were freshmen, they were eating in the dorm cafeteria and happened to be sitting next to a table full of football players - big, buff, muscular guys who they knew just to say hello to.

It happened the tiny roommate was really hungry that night - she was chowing down with enthusiasm, until she looked up and saw that most of the football players were looking at her and some were shaking their heads.  One of them said with a big smile: "Damn, girl, you can really pack it away!"

She turned bright red...but it's true.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 08:56:46 PM »
It's probably more a matter of activity than metabolism.

It's still calories in = calories out or you gain weight. Can't get around that. Most of us just eat more than we burn off, that's all there is to it. Easy to do the older you get.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 09:02:20 PM »
I'm sure you're right...it's four years later and she's still as tiny as she was then.  She and my daughter re-connected and became roommates when they moved out of the dorm into an apartment.  In May my daughter graduates - should have a job offer within a week, so we're waiting for news.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 04:25:41 AM »
It cant be that bad since it has bacon on it, right?

saltymonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 05:51:52 AM »
It cant be that bad since it has bacon on it, right?

Bacon is the new tofu.

kungfusheriff

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 06:42:07 AM »
Needs a glazed donut. No, two glazed donuts. And butter.

luve2fli

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 06:07:54 AM »
I'll take two ...... and a side of poutine.

:)
"I think it's only proper that I play until the last note of a set, then fall over and die. The band won't have to play an encore and they'll still get paid for the gig" (Dr. John)

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 09:40:24 AM »
I'm concerned that our children aren't getting enough bacon. So I was pleased to see this: Bacon Baby;D

Unfortunately it was a cruel pre-April Fools Day hoax. I'm so disappointed.  ;)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 10:20:40 AM »
Dave, I was ready to hit my wife up for another kid just so I could try that formula! Now I'm all disappointed...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 05:04:37 PM »
Bacon is the new tofu.

(wrecked another keyboard with spurted coffee... can't stand tofu either...  ;D)

It's hard to eat fast food that's healthy and I will admit that living on the road like I do fast food is my downfall.

Are you a vegetarian or a vegan?

Gotta agree with that, and I'm not a healthy veggie... favourite food is chips/fries (not packets of crisps as we call "chips" over here) - my daughter is closer to vegan but I could easily stop eating eggs... just love cheese though... I don't even own a leather belt or guitar strap, and try to buy "vegan" footwear... sad but true...  ;)

Oh yeah, and KrispyKremes are veggie...  ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 10:16:53 AM »
The Definitive KFC Double Down Review

The KFC Double Down “Sandwich”: Revealed and Reviewed!

From the photos it doesn't really look all that appetizing to me. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, fast food almost always looks better in the promo pics.

Anybody here try one yet?

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 06:21:14 AM »
They are on offer here in the land of the the cholesterol free Rooburger, I too am at that age when at least an annual check of the cholesterol is important but I gotta try one of the hideous concepts just so I can say I've done it. I know its sad but its just how I am.  :D
Digresion our specialty!

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 09:57:03 AM »
Even though I am only 21, I don't dare try that thing. These days I pretty much steer clear of fast food after eating it daily for lunch during my senior year. Seeing as I am home most of the time, my lunches usually end up being pre-made lunches from the Fresh and Easy around the corner. A single thing is usually enough for me and even though it is two servings, that is still only about 500 calories.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.