Author Topic: For you Mopar guys  (Read 3272 times)

rahock

• View Profile
Re: For you Mopar guys
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2009, 06:05:30 AM »
So out of my depth, here... You just don't get that type of "fever" in the UK...

MG owners club meet... "I say chaps, more G&T's all round...?" "Spiffin' good show, Tarquin..." "How's that old jalopy of yours...?" "I'll have a pint of your finest real-ale, old chap..." (imagine the "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch combined with "Upper-Class Tit Of The Year", but without the humour... get the drift...)

See, that's what you get for driving on the wrong side of the road all those years ;)
Rick

nofi

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2009, 06:46:43 AM »
there have been dragstrips and american race cars in europe, (uk) for years. you should visit one to see what all hoopla is about. you WILL have fun. ;) or just visit jeff beck's house. ;D

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2009, 01:47:55 PM »
Santa-Pod is a biggie here, Nofi... I get my fix with a program called "Top-Gear"... even my wife and daughter enjoy that... I've successfully persuaded them to attend the odd airshow, and to get back to playin', so lets not push it...

... and Rick, no matter what we (or the other misfits) say, you can always trump us by saying that you, "Drive on the right side of the road, in all senses..."  ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2009, 05:00:06 PM »
I get my fix with a program called "Top-Gear"

Is that the one where they go out and buy old clunkers and "restore" them (usually using a roll of duct tape and a rattle can)? I've seen one Brit show that does this, and it positively frightens me! :o
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2009, 05:06:42 PM »
Wrong show - the one I saw was "Wheeler Dealers".
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2009, 05:53:27 PM »
Top Gear is a fun show to watch. My wife even enjoys watching it, and she doesn't give much thought to cars.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT