Author Topic: For you Mopar guys  (Read 3273 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: For you Mopar guys
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 12:11:19 PM »
Grumble, grumble.....husky color.....grumble.......

Looks good on the Challenger and on you tho, Mark.

Kinda fond of Crimson myownself.......

I have a Jazz bass in Midnight Blue which my family keeps telling me is Purple.  I grant that under CERTAIN lighting conditions it may APPEAR purple, but I stoutly maintain that it is NOT.

If it were purple, I'd have to sell it immediately - Mark knows why - and I rather like it, so I stoutly maintain its innocence of being purple.

Once a Coug, always a Coug!
  ;)

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 09:49:02 PM »
great shot,Mark. nice car too.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 05:39:21 AM »
Purple should be okay with you as long as there's no gold hardware.

Great words of comfort!  I shall remember! ;D
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 02:45:45 PM »
You might need to lead me to the water on that "purple/gold" reference, Gents... gotta presume the antithesis of a "Coug" fan may be seen in that/those colour...?

Denis... you must live in a "DRY" state to want to see Alfa's back in the USofA...  ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 04:13:48 PM »
You might need to lead me to the water on that "purple/gold" reference, Gents... gotta presume the antithesis of a "Coug" fan may be seen in that/those colour...?

Right. Those are the colors of Washington State's archrival. If I type the name, Al's monitor may explode.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 07:56:40 PM »
Ack...gargle....thanks for your kindness, Dave.

I'd love to see Alfa back in the US...and I'm still working on  my 1958 Fiat Spyder.  With 63 HP, definitely NOT a Challenger competitor.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:06:41 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 12:42:21 PM »
Denis... you must live in a "DRY" state to want to see Alfa's back in the USofA...  ;D

"Dry" as  in lack of Alfas? If so, yes, we don't see many around. When they were new I did get to drive a GTV6 and a Milano. Those cars were fun!

I'd love to see Alfa back in the US...and I'm still working on  my 1958 Fiat Spyder.  With 63 HP, definitely NOT a Challenger competitor.

Nice! An old guy in my neighbor hood used to drive a similar Fiat or Alfa model, but I think an early '60s body style. Maybe?
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 06:43:01 PM »
Nope, Denis... ALfa's were notoriously "fair-weather" vehicles... a sniff of a rain cloud, and they would just not start...  ;)

Don't know a great deal about them these-days, but I know they have a stylish rep...

Got any "in work" shots, Al...? Oh yeah, and you'ld better post that tat' again... just to redress the balance, that nastiness that has been inflicted upon you...  ;D
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Hornisse

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 07:23:22 PM »
While on my route yesterday I noticed a customer had his garage open.  He has a cool black SRT Challenger but parked next to it was a '69 Plymouth (remember them?) GTX 440 with a 4 speed!  I had to get out and check it out.  He bought it new 40 years ago because it was going to be a 6 month wait for a new Chevelle and only a 15 day wait for a 440 GTX with a 4 speed.  It was purple too.  Should have snapped a pic with my cell phone camera but my jaw was on the floor.

jmcgliss

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 07:09:45 AM »
My wife and I got to borrow an SRT8 Challenger for an hour thanks to a generous friend.  In orange with black stripes it turned heads everywhere we went, and one boy almost fell off his bike as he craned to watch us pass.  The ride and sound aren't raw, so with a large trunk the Challenger seems like a car you can live with everyday.  Our track-prepared Mustang Cobra is tiring to use as a daily driver.  The Caliber R/T or SRT4 has us curious enough to take a closer look (if rumors of an improved interior come true).  The 200C design looks interesting as well.  I'd like to see Chrysler and Dodge stage a comeback to stymie the skeptics.
RD Artist w/ Victory headstock (sold)
2009 Epiphone Thunderbird IV silverburst (mods pending)
2005 Lakland Decade Dark Star | 2009 55-02 Chi-Sonic
2005 Dark Star P-Bass | 1986 Pedulla Buzz |
Eden heads with various 12's and 10's | Ampeg B-15N

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 10:16:31 AM »
While on my route yesterday I noticed a customer had his garage open.  He has a cool black SRT Challenger but parked next to it was a '69 Plymouth (remember them?) GTX 440 with a 4 speed!  I had to get out and check it out.  He bought it new 40 years ago because it was going to be a 6 month wait for a new Chevelle and only a 15 day wait for a 440 GTX with a 4 speed.  It was purple too.  Should have snapped a pic with my cell phone camera but my jaw was on the floor.

Sigh. At least somebody still has money. Are you sure it was a '69? In Violet (Plum Crazy on Dodges) wasn't offered until 1970...
(Mopar OCD kicking in again...)
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

jmcgliss

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 10:24:51 AM »
Does anyone have a paisley vinyl roof Plymouth and matching P-bass? 
RD Artist w/ Victory headstock (sold)
2009 Epiphone Thunderbird IV silverburst (mods pending)
2005 Lakland Decade Dark Star | 2009 55-02 Chi-Sonic
2005 Dark Star P-Bass | 1986 Pedulla Buzz |
Eden heads with various 12's and 10's | Ampeg B-15N

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 10:38:20 AM »
Does anyone have a paisley vinyl roof Plymouth and matching P-bass? 

A Mod Top! Wrong colors to match a P-bass though...
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Hornisse

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 11:37:01 AM »
Sigh. At least somebody still has money. Are you sure it was a '69? In Violet (Plum Crazy on Dodges) wasn't offered until 1970...
(Mopar OCD kicking in again...)

It had originally been a silver/grey with black vinyl top but he repainted it the Purple several years back, and got rid of the vinyl top too.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2009, 02:53:48 PM »
So out of my depth, here... You just don't get that type of "fever" in the UK...

MG owners club meet... "I say chaps, more G&T's all round...?" "Spiffin' good show, Tarquin..." "How's that old jalopy of yours...?" "I'll have a pint of your finest real-ale, old chap..." (imagine the "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch combined with "Upper-Class Tit Of The Year", but without the humour... get the drift...)