Author Topic: What a pilot!  (Read 3251 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
What a pilot!
« on: November 02, 2008, 10:50:39 AM »

This guy is beyond good!  :thumbsup:

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

lowend1

• View Profile
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Darrol

• View Profile
Re: What a pilot!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 12:45:43 PM »
Yeah, the kicker for me that it was fake was when the landing came and the plane really looked fake then.

I have heard things saying it is possible to fly and land a plane with a damaged or missing wing but most pilots panic. Also heard of a company creating a system that would automatically take over and land the plane in such an event.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:01:14 PM »
It's well done for what it is: a marketing stunt.

When I first saw it on a blog the other day, I thought it was a model right away, it just looked and sounded like one to me.

Blazer

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 02:31:34 PM »
If you REALLY want to learn about good pilots, watch the show "Dog fights" on the history channel.

I mean imagine trying to land a plane with damage like THIS...

This B17 Bomber was clipped by a German fighter, which took off the vertical tailplanes and severely damaged the structure of the entire aircraft. Take in consideration that the planes in those days did not have hydraulic powered steering or computer powered fly-by-wire, that meant that the pilot had to put in superhuman effort to keep his stricken plane airborn. Because the one system they did have were wires and pullies connected to the stick and the rudder pedals, just getting one of these airborne took some considerate pulling power. And added to the considerate physical effort, the pilot also had to fly really carefully, make a bend too steep and the plane would just break in two. This pilot, Ladies and Gentlemen, made Olympic athletes look like  chess players.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 07:27:51 AM »
I thought it was a model right from the start. Still pretty good (remote control) handling even for a model considering it just lost one wing.  I was baffled when the pilot supposedly opened the canopy - who would believe that to be a real plane.

Well, Mark, obviously!  :rimshot:
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 07:33:03 AM »
if that was real and if i was flying i would have simply walked to the ground from the cockpit on the frozen stream of piZZ i would have let out
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 09:17:32 AM »

Hey.......I was sleep deprived!  I played a show Friday night!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 10:40:03 AM »
I thought this was going to be about one of these!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 11:05:44 AM »
Hey.......I was sleep deprived!  I played a show Friday night!

Still, Mark, shouldn't you be the first to know that things sometimes aren't what they seem to be and make every effort to look like?

Sleep depriviation? I remember my younger brother making off with what he thought was a Thai girl ... well (s)he wasn't. My brother blamed it on alcohol back then.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 11:16:53 AM »

"I remember my younger brother making off with what he thought was a Thai girl ... well (s)he wasn't. My brother blamed it on alcohol back then."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Priceless Herr Moderator!  I should have known better about the plane, but he is a good R/C pilot.

Blazer

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 12:00:02 PM »
Sleep depriviation? I remember my younger brother making off with what he thought was a Thai girl ... well (s)he wasn't. My brother blamed it on alcohol back then.

Sounds like he could be friends with jackass star Steve-O who went through the same ordeal. but when looking at those  ladyboys it's kinda understadable why these  things happen, they look convincing.

I mean if you compare him to Mark, it's fairly obvious why people would make the mistake. At least with Mark it's obvious that you're dealing with a dude in drag, with the guy on the picture, you're not.

Speaking of which, Mark check out this rockband made up of Ladyboys...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 12:24:12 PM »
Still, Mark, shouldn't you be the first to know that things sometimes aren't what they seem to be and make every effort to look like?

Uwe, be a man and just admit it was you and not your brother;)

Uwe's admission: I never drink.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 06:24:10 AM by uwe »

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 09:13:17 AM »

Don't make me come down there and testify  :P
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 09:25:27 AM »

So thise five bottles of great Sicilian red wine were drunk by Maarten, Willem, Marten and me only? I would have never let us touch Ze Köllektiön!