Author Topic: New Jack Casady colours  (Read 4434 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: New Jack Casady colours
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2020, 02:29:52 AM »
I'm a bit confused: why do I get an official Epiphone news letter about the new colours with as titel 'The World's Most Popular Semi-Hollow Electric Bass'? It's hollow. Or does the little woodwork inside and under the bridge make it a semi?

A Pelham one will arrive here in January! Present from a friend:)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2020, 04:51:46 AM »
It has a "sustain block", but not as large a chunk as an EB-2, EB-650 or EB-750, where nearly all acoustic characteristics are killed by that feature. That smaller, sustain block (shaped a bit like a staircase IIRC) is in less contact with the top of the bass, hence the more acoustic note. An unplugged LP Sig or JC Sig sounds louder and more open than the aforementioned basses, but still "tighter" than, say, a Gretsch hollow-body.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2020, 12:54:24 PM »
A Pelham one will arrive here in January! Present from a friend :)

:o
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2020, 08:23:54 AM »
It has a "sustain block", but not as large a chunk as an EB-2, EB-650 or EB-750, where nearly all acoustic characteristics are killed by that feature. That smaller, sustain block (shaped a bit like a staircase IIRC) is in less contact with the top of the bass, hence the more acoustic note. An unplugged LP Sig or JC Sig sounds louder and more open than the aforementioned basses, but still "tighter" than, say, a Gretsch hollow-body.

The LP Sig has a “T” shaped sustain block that doesn’t go all the way to the strap button like an EB-2. A few years ago, I was able to run my endoscope from one side to the other through the gap between the block & the guitar.
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2020, 12:09:04 PM »
The top and the back both have a piece of reinforcement with length grooves in them. And a small solid block (from back to top) to support the bridge.
But there is definitely a gap between the top and back for the largest part of the body.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2021, 05:25:45 AM »
As posted above I was given a pelham Blue JCS by a US friend. She ordered in pre Brexit UK in December and it would take days... ..until the shop said they were all sold out.

So the bass would arrive in January, which meant pro Brexit, so taxes for me. Weeks went on, it's April now and it seems the bass is not available before the end of October.

I e-mailed Gibson Europe and they had their showroom model left! And I could get it for an artist price (being a music journalist and having an account at Gibson's). I discussed it with the friend. She paid me, I paid Gibson and the bass will be here this week!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2021, 11:46:08 AM »
As posted above I was given a pelham Blue JCS by a US friend. She ordered in pre Brexit UK in December and it would take days... ..until the shop said they were all sold out.

So the bass would arrive in January, which meant pro Brexit, so taxes for me. Weeks went on, it's April now and it seems the bass is not available before the end of October.

I e-mailed Gibson Europe and they had their showroom model left! And I could get it for an artist price (being a music journalist and having an account at Gibson's). I discussed it with the friend. She paid me, I paid Gibson and the bass will be here this week!

Brilliant!!!  But unfortunately this may ignite G.A.S. on my part.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2021, 07:16:00 AM »
With a bit of delay..... #NBD!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2021, 08:30:01 AM »
Love that color!  A very nice looking bass. 

The Casady always looks a bit wider across the bottom than other basses, but it stands on its own.  Very nice basses.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2021, 10:06:08 AM »
Oooohhhh!
That looks incredible!

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2021, 10:49:44 AM »
I was that close to buying one last year .
Beauty !

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2021, 03:07:27 AM »
As said, a Goldtop JCS was my second serious bass, after a Fender USA Jazz Bass. I started with a Squier P. I played it a lot and after a while I moved on, sold it, but I regretted it. So happy to have one back.

I didn't like the white and black, the cherry wasn't really my taste and the Royal Blue one is all blue with MOP bindings and just not as good, classy and vintage looking as the new ones. When the metallic red and Faded Pelham Blue Came out, I knew I needed it! I posted the blue one and a friend decided to buy it for me!

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2021, 05:40:13 AM »
When the metallic red and Faded Pelham Blue Came out, I knew I needed it!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2021, 02:23:43 PM »
Personally I still think the Alpine White LE was the best looking JCS.

The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2021, 02:46:15 PM »
No matter what the fin, it has become a modern classic.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...