Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Couldn't help myself..Damned you ebay!

(1/4) > >>

Freuds_Cat:
I was in one of my regular local music shops a few weeks ago and trying a whole bunch of different Spector and Schecter basses through some Ampeg rigs and I got playing a Korean Schecter Diamond series Hellraiser 4 bass that I was really impressed with.

Mahogany body with quilted Maple top. A pair of EMG HZ's (I know EMG's are a love 'em or hate 'em kind of pup but I do like them).
Maple Walnut Maple neck with rosewood FB. Active EQ but obviously the HZ's are passive.

Very consistent tonal qualities across the fingerboard which I like. It has the warm blur of a T-bird in the bottom end but the snap and twang of a Jazz in the tops. And a nice medium balanced definition in the upper mids.

It felt to me very much a professional instrument. It retails here for US$990. I noticed a few BIN sales for secondhand ones on ebay go for around the US$650 mark.

Anyway I couldn't help myself when I was watching one that was listed with a very low starting price, I kept an eye on it and waited till the last 3 secs and picked it up for US$365.

I will probably play it for a few months and if it speaks to me then keep it, if it doesn't then I will most likely sell it to a student.

Chris P.:
Looks very nice!

Rhythm N. Bliss:
Congrats~Sweet deal! She's a beaut.

exiledarchangel:
Schecter makes some really FINE instruments! Even cheaper ones have a definate quality into them. Nice bass! But throw away those EMG HZ's and put real EMG's (if you like that sound anyway)! :D

Freuds_Cat:
Nah I was impressed with the warmth of the passive pups and 2 of my other players are active EMG fitted so its kinda nice to have passive twin coils on a modern sounding bass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version