Author Topic: The funniest interviews with rock bands  (Read 922 times)

Blazer

The funniest interviews with rock bands
« on: March 27, 2009, 10:40:01 AM »
Every so now and then, when a rockband is interviewed on Prime time TV you know it's gonna be gold with them appearing.

Such was the case when Russel Harty had the Who over back in 1973. If the interview starts with Pete pushing over his Hiwatt amplifier then you know it's gonna be anarchy.

Speaking of Anarchy, the Sex Pistols interview on the Bill Grundy show is legendary but it was with Johnny Rotten's next band Public Image Ltd that bad behavior on prime time TV interviews got stepped up a notch.

Another classic, Kiss appeared on the Tom Snyder show and guitarist Ace Frehley had a little too much to drink...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: The funniest interviews with rock bands
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 11:59:51 AM »
Rotten/Lydon is brilliant in that interview and actually pretty too. Much improved skin from Pistol daze.

Frehley's "I'm a trout player!" ain't bad either.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 01:17:44 PM »
Single best interview KISS ever did as a band. I remember staying up late to watch it when it first aired and I was dying watching Gene get more and more pissed off as the interview progressed. Peter's somewhat close, but Ace is the only real rock star in that interview.

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 03:16:08 PM »
I was a fan of Pil on Tom Snyder back in the days gone by.  They were ripping on Jimmy Carter, and bumming cigs off Snyder, who smoked on TV every night.  And died from them.  He also did a fantastic interview with Liberace, as they reminisced about growing up in Milwaukee.  I used to love watching him.

Pil on American Bandstand was fantastic as well.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Blazer

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 04:39:36 PM »

Dave Byrne interviewing himself about the movie "stop making sense"

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 05:15:49 PM »
Russell Harty was a popular interviewer (now RIP) - can't trace a youtube but one of the most spectacular events on his programme was when he upset Grace Jones on a live broadcast and she proceeded to beat him up...  :o
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

lowend1

• View Profile
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter