Author Topic: Meet the new saw  (Read 5771 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Meet the new saw
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2009, 06:50:34 PM »
I've never used the cool blocks and never had a problem with shortened blade life or overheating.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 06:18:50 AM »
I just found out there is a Woodcraft store in town over Christmas.  I walked through with my wife and she had to drag me out screaming and kicking.  I'm gonna sneak over there on a lunch hour sometime soon!  SOme of the prices can be high, so you do have be an astute shopper.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2009, 08:51:15 AM »
I love that store but I feel like they have you over a barrel with the prices. Even their sale prices seem steep.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2009, 09:31:12 AM »
Woodcraft is high on some things, right in line on others. There are better and less expensive places to buy certain things. There are even a couple of online merchants who offer a discount to members of a certain woodworking forum. If you want details PM or email me.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2009, 04:26:20 PM »
I only buy specialty items that I need locally at Rockler or Woodcraft - most of wheat I want I can get on line.  Some things I buy come at at high price - like Hock plane blades and the like - they're pricey everywhere you can buy them.

Amazon seems to be the place to for most tools now - especially if you are a power buyer and get free shipping.