Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

MIM 60's J

<< < (2/3) > >>

godofthunder:
To me the MIA J pups don't have any sparkle or warmth. I am hopping increased mids and out put will give me what I'm looking for.

uwe:
I've got one of those MIM 60ies reissue Js and it is a fine instrument (workmanship is good) except that unscrewing the neck for trussrod adjustment is of course a pain in the arse, but that is what makes it a reissue.

I'm fine with the pups, not much midrange to them, but that is not what I expect from a J which in that respect is a bit like a Ric, ooomp and glistening presence, but no barking P bass mids. There is no lack of warmth, however, the bass always sounds pleasant and cuts through well.

Uwe

godofthunder:
  Well I just ordered a '62 RI from musicians fiend. When I went bass shopping the other weekend it was on a Sunday after a gig, I pulled in the driveway at 5:30 AM Sunday morning ! I layed down for a few hours then up with the family. Went to the store about 1 pm dog tired but really wanting to buy a J. They had a white RI that I really liked, no sunburst which is what I wanted. Saw the New American Standard J in sunburst, played it alittle and bought it....................... bad move. Don't get me wrong it is a fine piece of work just not what I went in to buy. The '62 should be here by Fri, The MIA J is going up on ebay.

OldManC:

--- Quote from: godofthunder on February 13, 2008, 05:49:14 PM --- The MIA J is going up on ebay.

--- End quote ---

Scott, can't you return it? Or maybe you got a smokin' deal and you'll make money by selling it on the 'bay?  :D

godofthunder:
 I bought the bass at the House of Guitars in Rochester NY, I worked there back in the day, I still get unbelivable deals there, they are good friends I don't want to hassle them with a return though I'm sure I could. It's my bad I'll take my lumps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version