Author Topic: Charity gig at the Marshall factory - Martin Turners Wishbone Ash  (Read 747 times)

EvilLordJuju

• Mud is its own reward
    • View Profile
    • Fly Guitars
A mate of mine is putting on a charity gig in aid of the sendai earthquake fund.

It is at the Marshall factory in Bletchley, Milton Keynes (they have a theatre on site)

It features three bands - Martin Turners Wishbone Ash, Stray and Motherlode - all classic rock kind of acts with some great bassplayers. Plus it is at Marshalls... which is a great place to see.

There is an auction too - a Marshall amp,  etc, but the best thing is a chance to roadie for Uriah Heep on a European gig!!! there are loads more items not listed on the site.

Anyway, the date is Sunday 22nd May, tickets are £20 each, and it looks to be a great night.

the website is here
http://www.soundsforsendai.co.uk/

Please publicise this event as much as possible - feel free to copy and paste this message far and wide - whatever other guitar forums you frequent. The Japanese are still in a bad way, plus it promises to be a great gig

Jules

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Re: Charity gig at the Marshall factory - Martin Turners Wishbone Ash
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 05:44:09 AM »
the best thing is a chance to roadie for Uriah Heep on a European gig!!!

Is that a prize?  :o

Arrive earliest at the venue.
Wreck your back on all the heavy amps and speakers.
Eat lousy food
Get bored stiff all day (if you're lucky you get to polish the guitars. But don't actually dare to play them!)
When the gig is over -and the after party starts- you can go back wreck your back again to put the gear back in the truck
You're the last to leave.
Get in the truck and drive 500 kilometers to the next gig

And you have to pay to do this?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 06:37:06 AM »
Weren't Wishbone Ash Orange amp players in their heyday?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

EvilLordJuju

• Mud is its own reward
    • View Profile
    • Fly Guitars
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 07:22:37 AM »
Is that a prize?

Well, i'm guessing you could slack off all day, play their guitars, steal plectrums and eat/drink the rider. What they gonna do? sack you?  :mrgreen:

I believe flights from the UK are part of it too (but don't quote me) so it might not be so bad.

Seriously though, if anyone wants to bid on this (without attending the event), it might be possible - let me know and i'll put you in touch with the right people.

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:32:33 AM »
well if i still lived in london i would be there.i took my marshall 9000 power amp up to the factory in bletchly there get repaired,paul marshall took care of it for me.nice bloke.
Louder bass!.