Author Topic: 3-point replacement studs  (Read 626 times)

PhilT

• View Profile
3-point replacement studs
« on: May 06, 2011, 04:16:58 PM »
I've got a 3-point bridge where the studs have been attacked by an inadequate tool and the chrome has split and rusted. Rather than replace the whole thing I was thinking of getting a bridge cover, which would conceal the smaller front stud and then replace the two rear ones. But, can't find bass studs. Does anyone know if these "stop tailpiece studs for USA Gibson Guitar" would also work for a 3-point?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NICKEL-STOP-TAILPIECE-STUDS-USA-GIBSON-GUITAR-/230606519644?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item35b1383d5c

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: 3-point replacement studs
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 04:21:35 PM »
I ended up getting alternatives and pulling the ones on my RD - I'm modding the centre pin to suit - no luck finding any, and I also had to plug the holes for recutting - still havent got round to drilling then out to the right size for my replacements though...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
Re: 3-point replacement studs
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 04:36:21 PM »
Tone Pros makes both SAE and metric thread 2 piece studs that will fit just about any Gibson bridge/tailpiece.  Just determine your stud thread pitch to be compatible with the anchors in your bass.  Or you can just use the anchors that come with the studs. They are costly but excellent quality. I used them on Scott's JAEbird and am going to use a set on my '60 EBO.  I've been looking at the buggered rusty originals for40 years and I'm sick of 'em! ;D