Author Topic: Uwe's Shortie T-Bird  (Read 9254 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Uwe's Shortie T-Bird
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2011, 01:02:38 AM »
Sometimes I think bass players are or very long or very short, while guitar players are mostly average size. Am I right?

But still: Everybody's looking good with a Tele, but a friend of mine is very long and quite big. I think he looks best with bigger guitars as ES335s, Rickenbacker 330s, Gretsches and and Jaguars. I'm quite big to. An EB3 or an Epiphone Rivoli is as long as a Fender P cos the bridge is places more to the middle of the body. The Gretsch Billy-Bo is extremely long, but a Musicmaster has its bridge to the back of the body, making it a very short bass...

Droombolus

• Younger Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2011, 07:12:45 AM »
Good point. Think about Leslie West and his LP Juniors back when he weighed 400-500 lbs. or so. I can't remember anyone saying they looked too small for him.

You didn't hear me laugh in the 70s than ? One of my fave record shops in the day had a poster of the Great Fatsby with a LP jr which completely floored me with laughter the 1st time I laid eyes on it. He looked completely ridiculous  ;D

a Musicmaster has its bridge to the back of the body, making it a very short bass...

And it'll fit in a Jaguar guit*r case, but it still ain't the shortest cause a Longhorn will fit in a slightly oversized Strat case ..... I remember arriving at band practise with the Musicmaster while the guitarist arrived with a Firebird....... You should have seen his face when I asked if he'd finally come to his senses and had started to play the bass ;D
Experience is the ultimate teacher

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2011, 07:52:22 AM »
My Longhorn fits in a Gibson Melody Maker guitar gigbag:)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2011, 08:06:29 AM »
You didn't hear me laugh in the 70s than ? One of my fave record shops in the day had a poster of the Great Fatsby with a LP jr which completely floored me with laughter the 1st time I laid eyes on it. He looked completely ridiculous  ;D

He looked ridiculous with or without a guitar.  :)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2011, 09:00:18 AM »
+1  ;D :toast:

Droombolus

• Younger Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2011, 10:04:25 AM »
He looked ridiculous with or without a guitar.  :)

True  ;D But I still don't understand how he could play like that with those huge hands of his ........
Experience is the ultimate teacher

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2011, 11:15:40 AM »
Ok got it! fat boys need fat guitars, GOT didn't like his shorty, UWE likes his, Marks still okay setting up taking nuourishment and Pinheads a bassit am I close so far or do I need to go back to the corner?
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2011, 11:32:10 AM »
That's the way threads work out here.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2011, 11:37:52 AM »

Nourishment................A customer gave me this as a tip last week - yummy!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2011, 01:49:14 PM »
Ok got it! fat boys need fat guitars, GOT didn't like his shorty, UWE likes his, Marks still okay setting up taking nuourishment and Pinheads a bassit am I close so far or do I need to go back to the corner?
I liked it but not enough to keep it, unique and well made, it was a turning point for me just cause it's cool doesn't mean I should buy it. Thunderbirds are my thing especially NRs I'll try and stick to that.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2011, 04:18:39 PM »
Scott, you and Uwe are to Thunderbirds what Siskel and Ebert were to movies. Love it!

I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2011, 02:34:21 PM »
Just plugged it in for some doodling in the office before I leave for home: It has a beautifully responsive warmth. Notes really jump at you, more so than on most of my short scales. They must have done something right with it.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2011, 02:31:07 AM »
They must have done something right with it.

Are we still talking about Gibson? :P
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.