Author Topic: les paul triumph eb3 measurements  (Read 1597 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
les paul triumph eb3 measurements
« on: April 26, 2011, 06:31:02 PM »
could someone post pictures of or list the measurements of a LP nut to 12th, 12th to both pickup poles and nut to bridge? possibly the same for an EB3. this would help very much in deciding a build.

i would prefer an early pre 70's EB.

thank you.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:41:44 PM by sniper »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Re: les paul triumph eb3 measurements
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 12:58:53 PM »
measurements of a LP

nut to 12th
384 mm

12th to both pickup poles
12th to middle of neck pickup. 224 mm
12th to middle of bridge pickup. 320 mm

and nut to bridge
±777 mm (depends on the intonation)

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 01:23:42 PM »
thanks Rob. here is the plan where your info is going to be applied so far:

Dave move this to projects if you need to please as it is not a Gibby nor will it ever be.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:32:18 PM by sniper »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Iome

• Born to rock..forced to work
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 07:35:51 AM »
Oh, that's sweet, what i always wanted to build, a short (or medium) scale LP with a mudbucker and a model G. May i ask where you get the short scale set neck from? You're building it yourself? What is that bridge/tail piece?

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 08:42:07 AM »
Oh, that's sweet, what i always wanted to build, a short (or medium) scale LP with a mudbucker and a model G. May i ask where you get the short scale set neck from? You're building it yourself? What is that bridge/tail piece?

the neck i bought about 4 years ago intending it for another project. it is a blank that was intended to become a through neck for a double cut Paul guitar. the builder quit building guitars and is now in dental school. we have since become friends and we write from time to time.

i am not building it myself and i have to find a builder. i have talked with Birdie and Bruce Johnson it. initially i wanted a double cut body but have changed my thoughts on that. the double cut will become my fourth project and will sport a single low z pup.

the bridge is an LP bridge that i purchased on the bay (notice the lack of a "W" on the tailpiece). it is a Warwick bridge made by Schaller i think. Gibson used to put them on LP's but i do not know the years they used them. this bridge is heavy but has recieved good reviews. i think i will have to lose the hand rest as room is becoming an issue.

this has been inspired by the EB3 but without the bony sounding Gibson bridge pup. i was made aware of the G model pup by GOT (thanks Scott). i blocked, taped and soldered it onto my Epi EBO to check it out before deciding to use it as a bridge pup.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 06:53:56 PM by sniper »

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 09:38:23 AM »
Cool project(s) !

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 02:44:40 PM »
You've most likely seen this neck from GreatDeals, but just in case you didn't....................

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Gibson-NOS-Maple-EB-Triumph-Bass-Neck-/250807841358?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3a654ff24e

:thumbsup:
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 03:17:06 PM »
thanks Grog. had one = even had it ready to glue in a body. the pocket was sized and routed. sold the whole project before i could lop about 4" out of the middle of the neck.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 03:26:37 PM by sniper »

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 06:09:36 AM »
Nice! I also love the round controlplates with 'Rhythm' and 'Trouble' on it:)

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 04:17:07 PM »
I had the same people make up that switch plate for me Chris.

Just got off the phone and Chip (upguitarman) is going to do this build and finish. He did the first build for me on the Epi - SG shape with the SF2 pup and long neck conversion. It might take a long time as I told him he has at least a year from the time he gets the case full of parts and I have not even bought a case yet.

This guy:
http://www.vintageguitarman.com/